Jackie Chan film fest in Minneapolis.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Take Up Productions is having a Jackie Chan film festival in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

The films playing will be:

1. SUPERCOP

2. PROJECT A

3. OPERATION CONDOR

4. THE LEGEND OF DRUNKEN MASTER

5. RUMBLE IN THE BRONX

I am psyched for Project A.

ProjectA_560x315.jpg

Here is the website: http://take-up.org/series/107/

Gd Y-Y

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Maaaan, DC needs some kind of kung fu festival! I'm suck of being miles away from these things.

Maaaan, DC needs some kind of kung fu festival! I'm suck of being miles away from these things.

That's why they've invented cheap airlines, man :wink:

I'm off to Sonny Chiba festival in Tokyo tomorrow.

Secret Executioner

Looks like one awesome event I must say.

Hope we'll have some feedback on that.

masterofoneinchpunch

By the names listed I am gathering that they are the cut versions. I saw Rumble in the Bronx when it came out here (my first theater Jackie Chan experience.)

On a side note: Modesto sucks when it comes to new/old Asian films (our population is over 200,000). Our arthouse theater only plays European films, documentaries or independent American. I've complained Ad Nauseum about showing more/any Japan/China/HK/Taiwan etc... I got lucky and saw The Grandmaster at our multiplex (which plays more Asian films than our damn independent theater, though it still isn't much; I complained to several managers there about not having Raid 2 which the response was "what is that.")

But excuse my ranting, tell us about your experience if/when you go.

Secret Executioner
On a side note: Modesto sucks when it comes to new/old Asian films (our population is over 200,000). Our arthouse theater only plays European films, documentaries or independent American. I've complained Ad Nauseum about showing more/any Japan/China/HK/Taiwan etc... I got lucky and saw The Grandmaster at our multiplex (which plays more Asian films than our damn independent theater, though it still isn't much; I complained to several managers there about not having Raid 2 which the response was "what is that.")

But excuse my ranting, tell us about your experience if/when you go.

I hear your pain, I'm in pretty much the same situation.

Archived