Girl's Blood (Red x Pink) (2014)

Takuma

I missed this in cinemas when it played with a R-15 rating, but caught up now with extended 128 min R-18 version on VoD.

Here's a brief intro based on Albert's post on the front page

Alpha Stunts co-leader Koichi Sakamoto, fresh off working on the Super Sentai series JYUDEN SENTAI KYORYUGER, combines cage fighting with the sexy otaku genre in his upcoming action film RED x PINK. The story revolves around four female fighters who enter a cage fighting tournament known as “Girls’ Blood”. The tournament is held in an abandoned school in Roppongi. Playing the four fighters are Yuria Haga, Asami Tada, Ayame Misaki, and Rina Koike.

- http://www.kungfucinema.com/news/koichi-sakamoto-directs-cage-fighting-erotica-with-red-x-pink

akap_zps889835a4.jpg

It’s like 1990 Michael Bay directing all girls' lesbian cage fighting movie with Japanese drama in it! Full of trendy and corny girl melodrama straight out of a women’s hit TV show. And every single one of the main characters is a lesbian!

It’s also full of absolutely ferocious fighting that resembles Takashi Miike’s Crows Zero films. Despite the unnecessarily fast editing, this is surprisingly physical and brutal stuff. The sound effects in the fight scenes are almost like borrowed from Game of Death, meaning they fucking rock. Every punch sounds like it’s breaking the opponent’s skull.

And then we have topless mud wrestling and 6 minute lesbian sex scenes with full frontal nudity and the best boobs in the history of cinema, both courtesy of Yuria Hada. Other actresses protect their strategic parts, though (expect for asses). Oh, and one of the main characters is super Lolita Mayu 14 Forever, who has trauma from her mom pouring pudding on her head when she was a kid.

You just gotta love it! I didn’t know modern producers, maybe Wong Jing aside, would dare to bring something like this into cinemas anymore. Indeed, this what Wong Jing movies should be like! And the best thing is they don’t ruin it with pathetic ”look, we’re just joking” self irony, but leave you wondering are they really serious?

It’s not the greatest film ever made – some dumbass might even argue it’s a bad one – but a lot of time this film is simply rocks!

It's got our man, Yoshiyuki Yamaguchi!

aka1.jpg

It's got pretty awesome cage fighting

aka2.jpg

aka3.jpg

It's got girl drama

aka4.jpg

aka5.jpg

It's got 6 min lesbian sex scenes

aka6.jpg

It's got awesomely ridiculous stuff

aka7.jpg

It's got mud wresting (yeah, they'll be topless in a moment)

aka8.jpg

And it's got more intense fighting

aka9.jpg

aka10.jpg

aka11.jpg

Trailer (which doesn't do justice to the action scenes at all):

Rqz0rolI_pQ

Special trailer (theme song):

emsV5ELXMwM

Site:

http://aka-pink.jp/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

<- Somewhere between WTF, Beavis' "Boin-oin-oin-oing" and a couple others including "I gotta find this !!". :tongue:

The Japanese DVD hits the shelves on July 2nd, and as with all Japanese DVDs, is very reasonably priced.:tongue: -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/red-x-pink-directors-long-version-dvd-box-dvd-japan-version/1035453391-0-0-0-en/info.html

Tell me about it! I'm gonna go for the BD set (if I still have money left after the Sonny Chiba screenings) :tongue:

Thankfully amazon gives the usual 25% off, but still...

- www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00J88WJUY/

51FfdClN4mL_zps19273f5f.jpg

Oh, what the hell. I'll just eat cup noodles for the rest of the month. Ordered!

I basically spent the entire weekend re-watching the fights until my (VoD) rental expired. Even made a favorite fighter: Killer Pussy. She's just so adorable despite getting her ass kicked every time :tongue:

She's played by Haruka Oshima (大島遥), a 21 year old girl who is listed as professional stunt-woman in Wiki.

Here she is (on the right) with another super cute girl getting really excited about cage fighting.

kp1.jpg

And here she is getting her ass kicked

kp2.jpg

One Armed Boxer
Oh, what the hell. I'll just eat cup noodles for the rest of the month. Ordered!

A worthy sacrifice, I'm sure Family Mart will see you through.:tongue:

For another opinion, Twitch posted a positive review of the movie back in April -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/04/udine-2014-review-girl-powered-girls-blood-mixes-violence-and-nudity-in-a-strangely-hypnotizing-mann.html

Is it out on dvd?

Well, the Japanese DVD is out (w/o subs) next month. Haven't heard of other releases yet, but I'd assume this to get picked up by someone sooner or later.

When it does, I just hope they will pick up the longer 128 min version. Yes, it's quite long for a film of this kind, but the additions seem very good. The website is listing the following scenes as extended or added:

- Satsuki's karate practice scene

- Killer Pussy vs. Goth Girl fight scene

- Amy vs. Red Angel fight scene

- Mayu vs. Miko and Super Idol fight scene

- Outdoors shower scene

- Satsuki and Chinatsu sex scene

- Satsuki and Miko dialogue scene

- Ending

- and something more...

(and of course the rating went up from 15 to 18)

I've only seen this longer version, but the JP BD has both so I'll take a look at the differences after it's released.

Doctor Schnabel von Rom

Watched the movie last week at the nifff (neuchatel international fantasy film fest)

expeted nothing but i get a real good, entertaining and more costly then expected movie! no borning scenes in 2h running time, very good and hart cat fights, some real funny scenes, many japanese fetisch and erotic / lesbian scenes (all the girls are lesbian in this movie) and event the interpersonal relationships scenes were not bad because always in combination with fights, funny or erotich scenes!

it's like a japanese "bitch slap"!:-) i had my fun with it and wait for an englisch subtitled dvd or blu ray.

My seafood noodle diet failed. Not because of me, but because there's a Norifumi Suzuki retrospective in Tokyo... Had to cancel the pre-order.

Oh well, I do plan on getting the BD some day but maybe not anytime soon... so I won't be able to do a comparison between the R18 and R15 version right now.

Watched it, liked it! I was surprised of my emotional involvment given the absurdity of the story, but I came to care for the protagonists. And the fights were plenty and shockingly hard-hitting though you could tell from the camera angles when they used stunt doubles. All in all one of the better films of director Koichi Sakamoto, much better than TRAVELERS DIMENSION POLICE or 009-1.

HK DVD coming April 14.

Unfortunately it seems to be the R15 theatrical cut, which is missing about 10 min of footage (including action and sex according to the Japanese website) compared to the R18 Director's Cut.

- http://www.yesasia.com/global/girls-blood-dvd-english-subtitled-hong-kong-version/1039041101-0-0-0-en/info.html

- http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=14745

I still haven't managed to buy the Japanese BD... Gotta eat more noodles.

Archived