Original English Dubs (help)

Riwy

I've searched around for original english dubs of some movies I seen in my childhood. I was just hoping if any of you guys could help me out with original english dub versions of the following movies:

Drunken Master

Snake in The eagle's shadow

The prodigal son

Twin dragons

Operation condor

I had all these on UK VHS but about a year or two ago I remember picking up Drunken master I believe from HMV and I'm sure it was a HK version and boy was I upset that sam seed wasn't in it ! Up until recently I've been anxious to see these films again in its original form as I'd seen when I was younger. There's LOADS more I'd list but these are my priorities as of now. I heard ADC may have it I have applied there for registration but no response as of yet so thought worth a shot to ask here. I was close to getting the operation condor dvd on amazon but a comment put me off mentioning a redub version .

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. I will try to put youtube links of some of these titles so that were aware of which version I'm talking about. Thanks for reading !

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow: always the same dub, but HKL has a cheap new Music Score. US DVD is the Original Audio Dub

Operation Condor: Entertainment in Video UK should all be the Original Dub (watch for the uncut Runtime; 103 PAL / 107 NTSC Mins)

Prodigal Sun: Megastar HK or German DVD. i don't know about HKL.

Drunken Master: only on VHS or fandmade Customs on torrents.

Twin Dragons: same as DM.

Man, you are a legend!

Just to be on the safe side, the uncut Operation Condor is the same dub as Entertainment in Video?

I didnt know there was a uncut version.

Killer Meteor
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow: always the same dub, but HKL has a cheap new Music Score. US DVD is the Original Audio Dub

Operation Condor: Entertainment in Video UK should all be the Original Dub (watch for the uncut Runtime; 103 PAL / 107 NTSC Mins)

Prodigal Sun: Megastar HK or German DVD. i don't know about HKL.

Drunken Master: only on VHS or fandmade Customs on torrents.

Twin Dragons: same as DM.

Prodigal Son HKL had original dub.

Made in Hong Kong did release it but i`m not sure if it was the subbed version or not.

Rank video released the original dub in the early 80`s along with SITES.

Son Of A Gun

If you haven't gotten registered with Asiand dvd club, just wait a few days and my custom dvd for Snake in the Eagle's Shadow will be done. I'll be uploading it there, but if u can't download from there, just pm me and I'll sort you a copy on dvd9 for a small price to cover costs.

It's the best version of the film around I believe. there is already one on ADC but it wasn't done right. Out of sync audio at times. Missing the original english dub with the HK original score track. etc... My version has perfectly sync'd and improved subtitle translation for the cantonese track as the current one on ADC used subs from Mei ah dvd which weren't correct. Mine are still missing the occasional bit of speach, i couldn't help that. Nobody's perfect.

My subs are made up of a mixture of subs from film 4's version which started off with very close to correct translation then got lazy and slowly drifted into dubtitles,....so I used film four's subs mixed with the Mei Ah subs mixed with a bit of canto knowledge , mixed with help from chinese friends. the cat has his original name now , which is "Dirty face". Also, I perfectly, well close to perfectly sync'd the subs for the mandarin dub too, just to be thoroughly. ...as the scripts slightly differ. Both english dubs are on it - in proper sync. Not rushed job like many customs are.

Basic static but oldshcool looking menus have music from the original score in stereo. Bonus Features are the same as on HKL's dvd but i switched the music of the music video to the original film theme tune.

Anyway, I've said too much as usual, but just wait for that one. I would.

It's PAL by the way, as I used the best print, ~Metropolitan french dvd print. It was missing the original Seasonal Films logo intro though, so I've put that back on.

If you haven't gotten registered with Asiand dvd club, just wait a few days and my custom dvd for Snake in the Eagle's Shadow will be done. I'll be uploading it there, but if u can't download from there, just pm me and I'll sort you a copy on dvd9 for a small price to cover costs.

It's the best version of the film around I believe. there is already one on ADC but it wasn't done right. Out of sync audio at times. Missing the original english dub with the HK original score track. etc... My version has perfectly sync'd and improved subtitle translation for the cantonese track as the current one on ADC used subs from Mei ah dvd which weren't correct. Mine are still missing the occasional bit of speach, i couldn't help that. Nobody's perfect.

My subs are made up of a mixture of subs from film 4's version which started off with very close to correct translation then got lazy and slowly drifted into dubtitles,....so I used film four's subs mixed with the Mei Ah subs mixed with a bit of canto knowledge , mixed with help from chinese friends. the cat has his original name now , which is "Dirty face". Also, I perfectly, well close to perfectly sync'd the subs for the mandarin dub too, just to be thoroughly. ...as the scripts slightly differ. Both english dubs are on it - in proper sync. Not rushed job like many customs are.

Basic static but oldshcool looking menus have music from the original score in stereo. Bonus Features are the same as on HKL's dvd but i switched the music of the music video to the original film theme tune.

Anyway, I've said too much as usual, but just wait for that one. I would.

It's PAL by the way, as I used the best print, ~Metropolitan french dvd print. It was missing the original Seasonal Films logo intro though, so I've put that back on.

:smile: Daaamn that sounds awesome. I will definitely pm you if I cant get access to ADC. Would you be able to do the same for any other movie copies I'd like or would that not be permissible?

Son Of A Gun

Well I've already made others over the years obviously for various Jackie Chan or Yuen Biao films. But they're not all the same standard. I'm kinda more happy with my new subtitle settings compared to my older dvds but they're still good , according to praise I get from time to time. Many other people make custom dvds too here but just aren't as vocal about it I guess.

I don't really make custom dvds by request sorry, because I have a million i want to make already , but no doubt they'll include ones you want too, so that's groovy :D I've had a long break from making them, but I'm getting back into it now.

I'll list you the ones I've made so far anyway in the pm. I'd love to update the subtitle fonts on all my old ones, but if i do that, I'll never get anywhere with new sh*t. :P

I try to put as much as I can on the custom DVDs that I can find , in the way of bonus features. Sometimes I'm a bit lazy. But with Snake in the Eagle's Shadow I wasn't able to find an original HK/chinese trailer for the film ANYWHERE!

One of the bonus features is an alternate opening though. It's the old RANK UK VIDEO Opening with different credits. font and content and it has a voice over the opening fight, to replace the dialogue scene between Whang Jang Lee and Fong Hak Ong. That was courtesy of Mike Surman.

I'm liking the sound of that!

Sorry it was my mistake for not stating clearly but what I meant was if I wasn't able to get into ADC would you perhaps be able to get some off ADC (other users) and put them on DVD for myself?

Archived