Doctor Strange (2016)

AlbertV

Secret Executioner

Well, Mads Mikkelsen has revealed that the rumor about him possibly being cast is not true, yet he said if he is given the call, he will be happy to do it!

That's too bad, he's a very charismatic actor (saw him in a couple of his recent artsy films and he always stood out as one of if not THE best element of said movies - haven't seen his James Bond films or the Hannibal TV series though) and I'm sure he could have delivered a solid performance. 

According to IMDb however, he's involved in this movie (checked his bio and it mentions this in his credits as an actor) though, so maybe it will turn out he is in this. And the movie is scheduled for release in the US for November 4, 2016. Only 358 days until then. :happy  Personally, I think it could be a solid picture - sounds interesting and I kinda like the looks from the few pictures that have surfaced (even though they're from the filming and not the finished product).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a rumor that he could be approached. I think it depends on Star Wars: Rogue One, since he is in that as well. I read that he may be approached to play the villain, with Baron Mordo starting out as an ally before his ultimate turn as Dr. Strange's arch-nemesis.

Secret Executioner

There is a rumor that he could be approached. I think it depends on Star Wars: Rogue One, since he is in that as well. I read that he may be approached to play the villain, with Baron Mordo starting out as an ally before his ultimate turn as Dr. Strange's arch-nemesis.

I think he'd make a great first foe before Mordo turns on Strange. Besides, IMDb's plot for this one indicates it's ultimately an origin story (unlike what's been previously said):

After his career is destroyed, a brilliant but arrogant surgeon gets a new lease on life when a sorcerer takes him under his wing and trains him to defend the world against evil.

According to The Wrap via The Hollywood Reporter, Mads Mikkelsen is in fact in the villain, but now the speculation is to which villain he will play...could it be Dormammu? Could it be Mephisto? IDK :/

Secret Executioner

According to The Wrap via The Hollywood Reporter, Mads Mikkelsen is in fact in the villain, but now the speculation is to which villain he will play...could it be Dormammu? Could it be Mephisto? IDK :/

AWESOME !!!  

:monk_toasting:

(sorry but I just love Mads Mikkelsen)

Okay, everyone must have heard this awesome news...Scott Adkins has joined the cast of Doctor Strange!!! His role is not known but he will get some action time in...of course, there is some major spec as to whom he might be playing...but I won't jinx it. In any case, awesome news!!!

Archived