• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckystars

• NoKUNGFUforYU

• BaronK

• Gwai LO

From the first trailer, I really was interested.. The second trailer, I would never watch this movie ever.. Then the third trailer had me questioning it.. What is this movie supposed to be?

NoKUNGFUforYU

Looks like wing chun for girls just getting finished with plastic surgery. This is why I hate mainland movies now.

NoKUNGFUforYU

PS, Don't get me wrong, the chicks are cute, but there is a certain smugness emanating from China that is just sickening. There seems to be no amount of self reflection, and the arrogance is just annoying. Everything is materialistic and shallow, and the girls are obviously wealthy little tarts that everyone should aspire to be. Part of martial arts movies appeal was they rooted for the underdog, and saw the old ways as corrupt. Now, the richer the better, no matter what. If your parents got rich putting lead paint on toys, hey, at least they have a sick ride, right?

It goes even further, with the feudal state is made out to seem like the good old days. As someone said on Silicon Valley "wouldn't it be better if we were like ancient Rome?" and another guys says "I would have been a slave!"

I suppose it seems like I am going on a tangent, but I guess what I am saying is, this looks like it sucks, and most stuff from their sucks lately. Too bad, HK cinema was awesome, until they started pandering to the mainland.

This says it's a romcom. I suspect the musical sequences are just for promoting the movie/soundtrack. Even if they are not, musical sequences in HK/Chinese films are hardly unknown.

s0inUFlugtw

0UdFRtk41vU

bwBEMxsjbpM

ptkLa-ibs4w

Wow! What happened to Frankie Chan? This is a far cry from the Prodigal Son days and I realize that a brother has to eat...but... This just looks horrible. Honestly, Wing Chun forms as a dance routine? Really? And, there was a lot of horrible form from the girls in there too. Yes, they are pretty but, oh well....

Secret Executioner

That's quite confusing... Is it an action film, a musical, a romantic comedy ? Or just the Chinese version of these horrible Hollywood movies for teenagers ?

Guess people would be better off watching Ninja In Action instead of Impetuous Love In Action. :tongue:

nia_affiche02.jpg

Sorry, but I felt like I HAD to make a reference to this one here.