Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (2014)

AlbertV

For those who have missed it, the long awaited web series Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist premiered on Friday and we are talking the entire series.

NyVO0NLoLWE&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2r89MGqgDNGGxQfmLuhtxqU

I watched it Sunday and my review is on the main site..it's about time they did a Street Fighter adaptation right IMO :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Amazing Psycho Per

Watched the whole thing... It's not like the competition was really fierce, but it's by far the best live action Street Fighter adaptation out there. It manages to do well on many fronts. First it serves as a nice backstory on Ken and Ryu's friendship and training together. Second it's a nice origin story for Akuma.Third, they acually managed to create a universe where, in it's own logic, hadoken and shoryuken are "believable".

On the bad side, I really wished they hinted in some way at the broader Street Fighter universe and characters... I guess maybe we'll have to wait for season 2? Really enjoyed it overall though.

I really enjoyed it, they got a lot of things right. An additional season or two could enable them to flesh out the greater SF universe.

Check this interview out:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/87514/Street+Fighter%3A+Assassin%27s+Fist+Interview/

Ansah mentioned that if Assassin's Fist is successful, he and Christian Howard (who not only played Ken, but co-wrote Assassin's Fist) will next work on Street Fighter: The World Warrior, which will include Guile and Chun Li.

oneskyforall

This series was great!

Probably one of the best web series I have seen.

I hope they show the Gouken and Akuma fight in the next season. They showed him getting the scrolls with the power of nothingness so that should mean he is going to "die" in the fight.

Semi-Spoliers ahead:

That Raging Demon on Goutetsu was so godlike :bigsmile:

Check this interview out:

http://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/87514/Street+Fighter%3A+Assassin%27s+Fist+Interview/

Ansah mentioned that if Assassin's Fist is successful, he and Christian Howard (who not only played Ken, but co-wrote Assassin's Fist) will next work on Street Fighter: The World Warrior, which will include Guile and Chun Li.

Sounds great. AF seems successful thus far but I guess it remains to be seen if that translates to TV/home video.

I've only had time to watch the first 6 episodes but so far i'm loving it, hope it's successful as i'd love to see more episodes with additional characters introduced.

One Armed Boxer

Good news for those of us who dwell down under, Twitch have reported that Madman Entertainment have picked this up for a home video release, and will be releasing it as a 143 minutes feature film which will contain an additional 13 minutes of footage not included in the web series!

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/06/australian-distributor-madman-entertainment-to-release-street-fighter-assassins-fist-late-2014.html

Good news for those of us who dwell down under, Twitch have reported that Madman Entertainment have picked this up for a home video release, and will be releasing it as a 143 minutes feature film which will contain an additional 13 minutes of footage not included in the web series!

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/06/australian-distributor-madman-entertainment-to-release-street-fighter-assassins-fist-late-2014.html

Yes! Madman have always done the animated Street Fighter features right so I'm glad to see this will be treated well. Hopefully we get a bluray release.

Archived