Hong Kong films shot in Philippines

DiP

Having been infatuated with Philippine Cinema lately, I've tried to find Hong Kong films that are set in the country. So far, I can only think of Fatal Vacation, Tough Beauty & the Sloppy Slop, Asian Cop: High Voltage, The Hunted Hunter, and The Suspect.

Any more titles you guys can think of?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

Days of Being Wild (1990) has some scenes shot in the Philippines.

Lethal panther 2

ultracop 2000

angel on fire

raging angels

power connection

deadly target

fatal chase

hard to kill

techno warriors

Ultimate Revenge

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

Also, Ringo Lam's The Adventurers has scenes that are intended to show Cambodia in the story but were actually shot in Philippines.

Return of Bruce 忠烈精武門 (1977)

Tiger Force 大毒梟 (1975)

Weren't a lot of the Bruce Le films total filipino productions (shot in Philippines?) with Hong Kong actors only appearing? What's the dude's name?

Basically, if it has the names Joseph Velasco and Robert Jeffery, you're in for a tasty filipino treat.

Secret Executioner

Some of Godfrey Ho's cut-and-splice films are "based" on filipino movies ("based" in that the Asian part is the filipino film). The Ninja Squad for instance, and I guess there must be some others, though the IFD/Filmark titles usually have footage from Korean, Taiwanese or Thai movies. Actually, many Filmark films are "based" on Thai movies, you can tell by recurring Thai actor Sorapong Chatree who appears in Ninja pictures, as well as Crocodile Fury and Robo Vampire (some of Filmark's finest titles).

The majority of Eastern Condors was shot in the Philippines, doubling for Vietnam.

Michael Hui's Teppanyaki have scenes (when the family vacays in the jungles of Phils) that were shot in the Phils.

Yukari Oshima did a lot of her later work in the philippines. Where she's also better known by here alias Cynthia Luster.

Also let's not forget that one of the most memorable anti-war movies and a personal favorite of mine "Platoon" was shot in the philippines.

Archived