Looking for a a Kung Fu Theater flick where the ponytail is the weapon.

jimmyjam

I have posted this question in other forums for the answer to this question..........

Back in the Kung Fu theater days, there was a movie where the villain has a long ponytail which he used as a weapon........from what I recall I believe he had some weights attached to the end......now the best clue I can give about this movie is in the final fight scene.........In the final fight scene the bad guy takes a swing at the good guy with his deadly ponytail........now the clue......the good catches the end of the ponytail in his teeth, gives a glaring look at the bad guy, then jerks his head thus biting the end of the ponytail off.

If anybody can answer the question that would be awesome....

• Like 2

I have posted this question in other forums for the answer to this question..........

Back in the Kung Fu theater days, there was a movie where the villain has a long ponytail which he used as a weapon........from what I recall I believe he had some weights attached to the end......now the best clue I can give about this movie is in the final fight scene.........In the final fight scene the bad guy takes a swing at the good guy with his deadly ponytail........now the clue......the good catches the end of the ponytail in his teeth, gives a glaring look at the bad guy, then jerks his head thus biting the end of the ponytail off.

If anybody can answer the question that would be awesome....

The Stranger From Canton / Stranger From Canton

• Like 2

I am sorry to say that The Karate Killer and The Stranger From Canton is not the particular movie that I am looking for.

Thanks for trying!

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Shit... I know I've seen it. But damned if I can remember which oneof the thousands of films I've watched it was in. I'm wracking my brains...

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU

There is a similar scene, in the middle of From the Highway, where the hero kills one of the villains in the same way. It's not the climax, though. And From the Highway is not really a Kung Fu film, more of a sort of Shane/Seven Samurai, village in peril movie, and the martial arts scenes are very poorly choreographed. That being said, it's well acted and well filmed, and worth seeking out, but more so if you like Westerns, etc.Also, it's considered the first modern kung fu movie, made a little before the Chinese Boxer.

There's a great line in the movie, where the hero confronts the villain, who assumes he should be frightened, but the hero replies "If you had 8 arms and 8 legs, I'd still fight you!"

• Like 2

Someone already has given me the Three Evil Masters but that is not it either. The only other clues I can give was the hair was black and not gray and besides this clue: " In the final fight scene the bad guy takes a swing at the good guy with his deadly ponytail........now the clue......the good catches the end of the ponytail in his teeth, gives a glaring look at the bad guy, then jerks his head thus biting the end of the ponytail off."

The other clue I can remember is the final fight scene, if I remember correctly is near or in a pond or some body of water.

• Like 1

The Dragon

How about FIST OF THE DOUBLE K aka FIST TO FIST

Starring : Henry Yu Yung as the lead and this guy:

FisttoFist+1973-11-t.jpg

Leung Siu Wa, as Pig-Tail Lang (EngDub)

:nerd:

• Like 2

I am sorry to say that The Karate Killer and The Stranger From Canton is not the particular movie that I am looking for.

Thanks for trying!

Stranger From Canton is what you yourself described in your OP. Here is the proof

/watch?v=Q9XUYQ-21Oo

Please play the video from 13.45. If we are still incorrect then you are confused because you almost described the sequence verbatim.

• Like 1

The manner in which he bites off the end of the pony tail is just like in this movie, but I assure you this is not the movie. Those are not the characters and the scene is fought near or in a body of water.

• Like 1

I thought of Queen boxer, because I remember Chia Ling using her hair at a moment, but there was no dojo in this movie and I'm not sure that she used her pony tail.

• Like 4

It's not really a pony tail but I don't know where to post this.

Nancy Yen uses here braid as a weapon with hidden needles in it (if I'm not mistaken) in the movie Fearless Golden Dragon.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Ku Feng uses his as a weapon (with a blade on the end) in a brief scene during a fight with Fu Sheng in Avenging Eagle.  The scene was deleted in the Celestial remaster.  However, the description of the film does not match this.

• Like 3

I remember seeing a movie like this back in 85 or 86 with a bag guy using his hair braid to fight. Seems a lot of the fighting was on a beach. I think after the good guy kills the braided bad guy he chases another bad guy that has a briefcase. I don’t remember the name, I have bought many Kung fu movies and have never found it.

• Like 4

On 11/3/2020 at 8:09 AM, morpheus said:

Ku Feng uses his as a weapon (with a blade on the end) in a brief scene during a fight with Fu Sheng in Avenging Eagle.  The scene was deleted in the Celestial remaster.  However, the description of the film does not match this.

And does this scene appear in any other release of the movie ?

• Like 3

I believe the movie was made in the early 70s. Braided bad guy wasn’t wearing a shirt and kinda muscular. Seems like he was wearing red pants and black shoes.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2014 at 2:32 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Also, it's considered the first modern kung fu movie, made a little before the Chinese Boxer.

It's a Mainland production right? FTH was released a couple of months prior to Wang Yu's film from what I've read, I'm glad someone's finally confirmed this.

• Like 3

NoKUNGFUforYU
7 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

It's a Mainland production right? FTH was released a couple of months prior to Wang Yu's film from what I've read, I'm glad someone's finally confirmed this.

From Cathay filmed in Taiwan. They even built a fortress. I am wondering if it was used in The Brave and the Evil as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

From Cathay filmed in Taiwan. They even built a fortress. I am wondering if it was used in The Brave and the Evil as well.

Wow, that I didn't know, thanks. I thought it was shot on Mainland locations. You have it among your customs? 

• Like 2

Ok I think the movie your searching for might be Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu as Phillip Ko has blades hidden in his pony tail and Cliff Lok deals with him in the end fight. 

Man how I wish this movie can one day get a Celestial style clean remastered version. 

• Like 3