Awesome HK fighting action movies in a modern setting? (80s and 90s especially)

LemmyThePirate

LemmyThePirate

Hi there, big cinema fan, seen lots of great HK movies. Outside of Jackie Chan though, I haven't seen many 80s HK martial arts movies, so I'm especially looking for 80s recommendations, 90s too. And newer is cool too.

I recently saw Wheels on Meals and Dragons Forever for the first time, odd it took me so long, great fun movies. Rumble in The Bronx and Police Story are favs etc. Outside of what Jackie and Sammo were up to though, are there any other awesome action HK fight movies like that?

Doesn't have to be action comedy, can be any kind of action movie with great fighting, and hopefully entertaining movies overall. Lets say from 84 to 96 is the sweet spot especially, but anything is good.

I love Fong Sai Yuk and Master of The Flying Guillotine etc as much as the next guy, but I'm in the mood for some modern settings. Something about the streets gives it a different feel than the oldschool traditional kung fu flick. Though I'll also take recommendations for futuristic and weird settings, like Heroic Trio.

I think I've seen most American and Japanese movies like that, but feel free to include recommendations for those and not just HK ones if you want. And for very recent ones, I've seen all the Donnie Yen flicks, seen the big Thai and Korean movies, and The Raid 1 &2.

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LemmyThePirate

• Drunken Monk

• robbie

• Gwai LO

Drunken Monk

Pedicab Driver

Righting Wrongs

Operation Scorpio

In the Line of Duty 4

Tiger Cage 2

Angel Terminators

these films are good

iron angels hong kong release is good

iron angels 3 german dvd

pantyhose hero dvd sammo hung

ninja shadow of tear scott adkins

undisputed 2 scottadkins

undisputed 3 scott adkins

revenge of the ninja

ultra force hong kong cop aka police assassins german dvd you can get on amazon

tiger cage 2

in the line of duty 4

above the law righting wrongs dvd dragon dynasty best

LemmyThePirate

Thanks, lot of great looking movies already! And yep I've seen the Scott Adkins movies, he's great. And while I love Revenge of the Ninja, Ninja 3 the domination is the funniest so I love it.