Unforgotten (2016)

DiP

An upcoming sci-fi thriller by Soi Cheang. Set in 2018, the story is about a "Memories Investigation Department" probing the mind of a suspect to find the truth behind a terrorist attack. Joe Ma will be handling screenwriting duties. A tentative release date has been set to 2016.

10375033_10152139100327169_800839301154065113_n.jpg

Sources:

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/mei-ah-takes-four-to-cannes?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9958165949/permalink/10152047240385950/

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unfair to criticize The Monkey King just because it's not up to par with Accident and Motorway. It's a fantasy film for kids whereas those other films are gritty and edgy crime/action films. Each film deliver accordingly to the material Cheang was given. You can't really expect the same vibe in every type of film, regardless of a director's skills/rep.

Based on the premise, this film will probably be something like Inception. Who knows.

abbotwhite

I'm criticising 'monkey king' because I think it's a bad film whereas I think 'accident' is a good film and 'motorway' is pretty entertaining.

It's not the genre but the quality.

I guess you liked it then.

Well, I took it that you were comparing the quality of The Monkey King to those films based on the director's capability hence why I thought it was unfair. So my apologies for coming off a bit harshly. And yeah, I enjoyed The Monkey King for what it was supposed to be and not judge the end product based on the director and star alone.

Btw, would you care to elaborate on why you didn't like it? Just curious.

Well, I took it that you were comparing the quality of The Monkey King to those films based on the director's capability hence why I thought it was unfair. So my apologies for coming off a bit harshly. And yeah, I enjoyed The Monkey King for what it was supposed to be and not judge the end product based on the director and star alone.

Btw, would you care to elaborate on why you didn't like it? Just curious.

Hmmm looks like someone needs to cool down and have some halo halo. ;)

Sure thing... Just a moment... :tongue:

Virtual communities can sometimes be confusing because it's not always easy to catch people's real drifts in their comments through vision only. So yeah, I came off a bit pushy but my intention was simply to make a valid point.

abbotwhite

No offence taken

I just thought there were so many things wrong with 'the monkey king' that I don't know where to start and to name one or two would seem to give emphasis that these were the outstanding things that was bad about it.

But in fact, it's a catalogue of atrocities. .

Archived