Tokyo Tribe (2014) New Rap Musical from Sion Sono!

Takuma

ShaOW!linDude
10 hours ago, Takuma said:

(Speaking of Tokyo Tribe... guys, check it out if you have even the slightest tolerance for rap music. It's a seriously fun film with terrific visuals and some brief but exciting bits of martial arts action... a sort of Japanese version of The Warriors).

Man, I tried. This was on Netflix for a while. (May still be.) I couldn't get past 2 minutes of the intro. Apparently I don't have even the slightest tolerance for rap music. But then I knew that. I just didn't know the movie was a dadblamed rapfest.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Man, I tried. This was on Netflix for a while. (May still be.) I couldn't get past 2 minutes of the intro. Apparently I don't have even the slightest tolerance for rap music. But then I knew that. I just didn't know the movie was a dadblamed rapfest.

2 minutes? That means you didn't even make to the end of the opening shot because it opens with a 4.5 minute tracking shot :laugh Which I think is absolutely fabulous... one of the reasons why I saw the film three times in cinema (Nana Seino's breasts may be another reason).

Oh and the 4.5 minute opening shot is followed by braless Kokone Sasaki's shirt being ripped off two minutes later...

You really don't know what you missed :laugh

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Takuma said:

Oh and the 4.5 minute opening shot is followed by braless Kokone Sasaki's shirt being ripped off two minutes later...

So Google Image'd Kokone Sasaki and every single picture that showed up had in her in a bikini/lingerie/bra n' panties. May I assume she's an AV idol of sorts?

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
18 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

So Google Image'd Kokone Sasaki and every single picture that showed up had in her in a bikini/lingerie/bra n' panties.

Aren't those the type of image results that you get back when searching most Japanese actresses names?:tongueout

18 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

May I assume she's an AV idol of sorts?

That, doc, is a safe assumption!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Aren't those the type of image results that you get back when searching most Japanese actresses names?:tongueout

1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

So, I just searched Mie Hama, Bond Girl from You Only Live Twice and who showed up in a few kaiju movies, and...well! You're right!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

That, doc, is a safe assumption!

Seeminly safe, but false, unless I've fell behind the times.

If she did AV she wouldn't be wearing bikini/lingerie/bra n' panties... or anyhing at all... unless you've set your google to safe mode :tongueout

Edited by Takuma
  • Like 3

PandaPawPaw

I tried watching it but fuck me it's awful!

I managed about 10mins and gave up. Skipped through the rest and it doesn't seem to get any better.

Not a fan of rap but don't mind it sometimes.

I just couldn't stand the constant 'oh were tough because we rap and have gang' BS. A lot of them look like bellends. Ugh!

The opening with the female policewomen having her tits exposed and then having her body used as a map was just total shit. She looked like she was getting off on it which didn't help.