Chor Lau Heung 1979 tvb

ShawAngela

ShawAngela

Hi,

Can someone tell me exactly how many episodes there are in this series, please ?

I recently got the boxset shown on this page :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chor_Lau-heung_%281985_TV_series%29,

which contained 61 vcds.

Among them, there are 2 vcds showing The denouncement of Chu Liu Xiang, 41 vcds showing the four parts mentioned on the above link and 18 vcds showing what is titled as " Chor Lau Heung II " in which I recognized Shih Kien and Paul Chang Chung and in which it sometimes appears the logo of the tvb.

The problem is that here :

http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/?mod=item&func=exhibit&IT_NO=DNAA1S-A44457594&SR_NO=SLAB0O&tm=e,

it's mentioned 30 episodes on the boxset,

that here :

http://www.yesasia.com/global/chor-lau-heung-end/1003973001-0-0-0-en/info.html,

it's mentioned 30 vcds but the reviews tell that the series is cut,

here :

http://www.spcnet.tv/TVB-Series/Chor-Lau-Heung-p76.html ,

it's mentioned with 66 episodes on 30vcds,

and here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chor_Lau-heung_%281979_TV_series%29,

it's mentioned with 65 episodes.

So, I'm a little bit confused and I need your help in order to know if I have the complete tvb series or not, please.

Thanks for any answer.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khuu_2000

I hope to answer your question:

61 for VCD, there is 18 VCD for Chor Lau Heung TVB series 1979 (but they are dubbed in Mandarin) as the original, the series is in Cantonese. (the complete series of 65 episodes, each episode 45 min). Among these 18 VCD, there

some episodes that are not found (in 3 boxes (30 VCD) (YesAsia) and 2 box (8DVD) (PChome) because it uses the same master), I have the series on both media (VCD and DVD).

ShawAngela

Thanks for your message.

Sorry if I seem to be a little bit slow to understand, but, do you mean that there are missing episodes on the vcds from yeasia and from PChome, or on the contrary that it's among the 18 episodes on vcds that there are missing episodes in comparison to the series sold on the two above mentioned sites ?

And when you say that the whole series counts 65 episodes, I suppose that you mean the TVB series + the Taiwanese series New legend of Chu Liu Xiang ?

Thanks.

khuu_2000

Full Chor Lau Heung series of TVB 1979 is 65 episodes, VCD YesAsia and DVD PChome are identical,( VCD published by by (Modern audio-Hong Kong ) and DVD published by (Hong Yin-Taiwan) )in both media, it lacks a few episodes found in 18 VCD you mentioned.

Because that the marketed version of Hong Kong or Taiwan is identical and incomplete.

ShawAngela

Just another question : how long is the running time of each episode of the 8dvd version, please ? As you told me that each of the 65 episodes runs 45mn and as there are only 30 episodes mentioned on the 8dvds box, I suppose that each episode must run about1h30mn, am I right ?

Thanks for the answer.

On DVD or VCD, each episode is about 86mn it is a version of assembly, that is to say, it cuts the music at the beginning of each episode and the end (it seems the names of the actors) . as I said, there were some episodes that you can not find on DVD (8 discs) or VCD (30 VCDs), you can find these missing episodes from 18 VCD (sold in all 61 VCD with (New Legend Of Chor Lau Heung(Taiwan):Legend of new Moon,Legend of the orchid,Legend of the parrot,Legend of the shadow).

There is a Chor Lau Heung version of RTV (ATV) (Its takes a chief) 7 episodes, very well done (choreographer Chin Siu-Tung and produced in part by Tsui Hark).

ShawAngela

Ok, thank you very much for the informations.

I have It takes a thief, but I still haven't watched it as yet, as I'm watching a lot of Adam Cheng's series at this moment...

Ok,Where do you live? I guess you understand Mandarin or Cantonese in order to watch the series, I love (Swordplay series: the best are RTV (now ATV)) 70 and 80, maybe I can advise you.

ShawAngela

I can understand only a very few sentences in Mandarin and nothing in Cantonese (or just a few words such as Dad, brother, sister, Master, Good, I know) , but I'm such a fan of swordplay and other martial arts movies, mainly from the 70's and 80's, that I watch all what I can find !! I even happened that I watched them in Thai language or in Vietnamese, because I couldn't find the Mandarin versions !!!

I live in France, and unfortunately, martial arts movies are awfully difficult to find, unless they are Jet Li's or Donnie Yen's or Jackie Chan's movies, and even these ones are sometimes difficult to find when it's the old ones...The Shaw Brothers' movies can't be found anymore in the stores since the 2000's and I never found a Cathay movie in stores ! All that I got, I got it buying on sites eveywhere in the world...

I saw that a lot of old series are on the site taobao, but I need the help of someone in CHina in order to buy there and I'm depending on his free time to order for me...

Thanks for your offer.

Archived