Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

teako170

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noelle Shadow Kick

Regardless of how you feel about the actual movies made when foreign stars make a Hollywood film, it is always a good thing for that person's career.

Would I rather see those three in The Raid 3 as opposed to those three in Star Wars? Sure. But what you have to keep in mind is that the actors are making A LOT more money in these bit roles than they made on those movies we love. Doing Hollywood movies helps these actors fund their own projects, and raising their visibility in the Hollywood market will make it easier for them to get investors in the future.

These three possibly getting roles in Star Wars is great news.

DragonClaws

The new Star Wars is looking good to me:smile:. I like the look of the sets and costumes, feel more In line with the Parts 4 to 6.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I have to admit just seeing Han Solo and Chewbacca at the end gave me chills.

A video for Vanity Fair reveals that Girls actor Adam Driver, whose role wasn't revealed beforehand, is in fact Sith lord Kylo Ren,who has that red lightsaber in the teaser trailer.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm not sure if JJ Abrams watches shaw brothers but some of the wide shots on land looks like something out of a Chang Cheh movie.

Nice to see they haven't exposed the entire film in the trailer. It looks really good in terms of the visuals. Great job by all the people involved in the design and construction of the sets and costumes. I see one of the characters is holding what appears to be a lighsaber/staff in the films poster. Can we expect some Martial Arts influence on this latest film?.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

After that trailer, I went from seeing opening night, to yeah, I'll see it whenever. I like John Boyega and his characters' arc could be really great but the rest is not grabbing me. Shrugs, at least Rogue One is on the horizon so it's all good. 

I will be seeing it on opening night.

yesterday, a co-worker bought a bunch of tickets for two different nights (17th & 18th) as well as for 2 different theaters - The Lincoln Square & AMC Empire 42nd Street (both IMAX).

I was planning on skipping opening night but the atmosphere is drawing me in. I will be there with a bunch of Star Wars Fanatics. My co-worker & his friends will be wearing their Jedi & stormtrooper outfits. I may be the only one in the group not wearing a costume. If anyone say anything to me about a costume then I will tell them I am Han Solo.   :tongueout

I most definitely want to see the movie, but I am also in no rush to see it. I guess I will have to wait until the crowds die down, if that ever happens. I was actually surprised on the length of the film, it's only 136 minutes. Seems short to me. They may be saving some stuff, additional footage for the blu-ray release. 

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but after that incident that happened with the Dark Knight screening, and news of racist speaking out about how much they are against the film, seeing it on opening night/weekend is too risky for me. Especially if I plan on taking my 7 year old son. 

The 1 definite bad thing about waiting to see it, is I'm sure I will come across spoilers online before I have a chance to see the movie. :crying

I most definitely want to see the movie, but I am also in no rush to see it. I guess I will have to wait until the crowds die down, if that ever happens. I was actually surprised on the length of the film, it's only 136 minutes. Seems short to me. They may be saving some stuff, additional footage for the blu-ray release. 

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but after that incident that happened with the Dark Knight screening, and news of racist speaking out about how much they are against the film, seeing it on opening night/weekend is too risky for me. Especially if I plan on taking my 7 year old son. 

The 1 definite bad thing about waiting to see it, is I'm sure I will come across spoilers online before I have a chance to see the movie. :crying

Racists speaking out against the film, what a bunch of losers.

There putting the prices up for tickets in this country at certain venues just to milk the audience even more. There also doing this with the new Bond film SPECTRE. SW's already broke box office records here with pre booking alone. My girlfriend is keen to see it before Christmas, we just need to try and find a quieter time if that's going to be possible.Id prefer to let the crowds die down a bit first.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Our family are going Christmas Day, so that aspect will be fun. As for bigots and gouging ticket prices, :hvb_cursing:

Secret Executioner

That Japanese trailer is really cool, I would go as far as to say I enjoyed it more than the French one I saw yesterday.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Okay, this is one tie-in special I am looking forward to watching...

bits of Kendo in here. 

I'm not too mad. Iko already has several projects soon to come out. Having these guys slightly in the biggest freaking movie ever made isn't so bad as oppose to not having them in the movie at all. 

Archived