Help a newbie competition

RayTay

Hi,

I have been searching for a film which I first saw in 1982 and which immediately became my favourite, but I must have been a little drunk, cos I could never remember the name and never managed to find the film again, despite a lot of looking. So hopefully for a big heap of kudos, can anybody help. Please.

Carter Wong dies within the first few minutes after running through a village/town. He is killed by the main bad guy and his soldiers. The bad guy has - surprise - long white hair.

The bad guy has a little bottle that contains a performance enhancing drug. The bad guy is after a ring or seal belonging to the Ming (?) Dynasty and therefore presumably is a Manchu.

The hero (with his six(?) friends) gains possession of the ring/seal and knows that he must take it to safe keeping. Which he does, by fleeing with his friends. Luckily they don't make much progress, so that an older drunk/beggar/taoist can keep up with them and help them in the final battle scene. This the beggar does by jumping up, grabbing the bad guy's bottle and swallowing it. He dies. But now the bad guy is no longer invincible and our heroes triumph.

Why is it my favourite? Because it is non-stop solid action and the beggar character is as good as Sam Seed (Yes, it could be Yuen Siu-tien in an earlier role).

Many thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Revenge of the Patriots. Someone will have to chime in on the best version. I have the very poor quality Wutang version.

Archived