Justice League (2017)

AlbertV

It was made official...there will be a Justice League movie and who will be directing it? No surprise here...Zack Snyder.

Henry Cavill, Ben Afflect, and Gal Gadot will reprise their roles of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Apparently it will be shooting back-to-back with "Batman vs. Superman".

Dark Horizons

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was made official...there will be a Justice League movie and who will be directing it? No surprise here...Zack Snyder.

Henry Cavill, Ben Afflect, and Gal Gadot will reprise their roles of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Apparently it will be shooting back-to-back with "Batman vs. Superman".

Dark Horizons

I hate the affect signing so much, I can't bring myself to even get remotely excited. I might not even watch it

yBBuzvd.jpg

Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Cyborg (Ray Fisher), The Flash (Ezra Miller), Aquaman (Jason Momoa)

I thought Batman V Superman was meh and I thought Suicide Squad was downright awful. And for some reason, I'm still probably gonna end up seeing this movie. My expectations definitely aren't high; I don't even think trailer looks that good. I'm mainly only gonna see it just so I can say I saw it.

I loved this trailer - baroque, odd, astonishing looking at times, and hey, it has a sense of humor! 

My hopes are high for this one.

(I really liked BvS, but only the extended cut as the story now makes much more sense, whereas in the theatrical cut, there was far too much removed.  It's no masterpiece, but it works much better.)

In case you missed it, Zack Snyder left the film due to a family tragedy and Joss Whedon has taken over as the director. However, Whedon is only finishing reshoots based on Snyder's template, so it's highly likely that DGA rules will give Snyder the sole-credit on the film.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-joss-whedon-has-been-working-on-justice-leagu-1795582589

I've often read how movie fans, don't like D.C's approach to the use of washed out colours in their live action movies. Now they've created a more colourful looking poster, there's complaints its too bright and colourful.

Abraham Lincoln quote-

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

justice-league-clocks-in-at-just-over-tw

I saw it last night and Zack Snyder lived up to his promise on injecting more humor, courtesy of some one-liners and Ezra Miller in particular being the comic relief of the film. Some great action with twists and turns, using Jack Kirby's Fourthworlds arc as the basis of the film (Kirby even gets the credit). My only issue was that Steppenwolf's CGI wasn't that great when it came to close up shots. Thanos, Hulk, even Batman v. Superman's Doomsday was more convincing than Steppenwolf, but I forgave it. The final end credit sequence is quite a hoot...no I won't spoil it, but it's pretty cool IMO.

• Administrator

Saw this yesterday with my son and a group of our friends. The reactions among us were as high as "loved it", and no lower than "it was good, but it had some problems with it."

Overall I liked it a lot.

As far as criticisms go, (as Albert said above) I thought the main villain's design wasn't as interesting as it could've been, and a little too cartoonish looking. It certainly didn't live up to the stunning digital artistry of many other recent CGI characters, such as the apes in WAR OF THE PLANET OF THE APES or the ones in the Marvel GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY films. Others in my crew felt that Batman was made the brunt of too many jokes; not taken seriously enough, and that the film had a disjointed feel, with director Zack Snyder's work and (after he suffered a personal tragedy) additional work by director Joss Whedon not meshing naturally. Also, due to some re-shoots, there was some digital finagling that had to be done that some people were distracted by. I didn't notice these things at all, and wonder if they hadn't read about it beforehand if they'd have noticed either. Therefore, I won't mention these details, and hopefully none of you will be distracted by them.

I thought Batman was perfect in this, fighting and behaving like I always felt he should, and filmed as though the comicbook art had literally come to life. There were some welcome, classic music cues used, and a wicked, velvety cover of the song Everybody Knows (which I first fell in love with on the soundtrack of PUMP UP THE VOLUME). I enjoyed the way the new characters were handled, and thought the funny bits worked well and hit the mark. Recommended viewing in the theater. I give it an 8/10 for a "superhero" genre film.

Ditto what @KUNG FU BOB & @AlbertV said, I went expecting some undemanding entertianment, and that exactly what it delivered. I think a lot of the crtics who are really bashing this, fail to remember children are big part of the target audience. If I'd viewed this as a child, I'd have been knocked out by it.

Loved the referance to the Tim Burton Batman movies too.

5 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Also, due to some re-shoots, there was some digital finagling that had to be done that some people were distracted by. I didn't notice these things at all, and wonder if they hadn't read about it beforehand if they'd have noticed either. Therefore, I won't mention these details, and hopefully none of you will be distracted by them.

These went over my head, but I'm sure I'd be quick to look for them, if I'd known about it before hand.

I went in with low expectation and, good god, this film blows them away. I thoroughly enjoyed this to the extent of loving it. I saw no CGI problems, no bad editing...nothing. I got two hours of wonderful entertainment and great characters.

I feel those people picking the film apart are being overly critical. Nit-picking, if you will. The film is a spectacle of boyhood action figures forced to fight it out on film. The action was great which each character getting to showcase just how great they can be.

The low point? Literally everything Flash said. His “zingers” were fucking awful and fell flat every single time. Every time he spoke it was groan worthy.

Other than that, a truly solid superhero film. Mindless entertainment, granted. But mindless entertainment the way it’s meant to be.

10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Other than that, a truly solid superhero film. Mindless entertainment, granted. But mindless entertainment the way it’s meant to be.

Agreed. not sure why some people appear to have gone in expecting deep character development and Shakespearean like story telling.

I expected more screen time from Amber Heards character? what other people thoughts on her role?.

d2cba1e26f109a3c10c156e30b073803--aquama

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I know the Blu-ray/DVD is out. I waited until the DC of BvS before purchasing it. Debating if I want to do the same thing again.

Archived