Majestic Cat was part of a series?

loempiavreter

loempiavreter

There was some connection with other titles for the Roc Tien flick majestic cat. Is it an adaptian of a Gu Long novel? Or a adaptian of another writer? Or is it part of a few other series of flicks (prequel? sequel?) I can't exctly remember it, but I was sure it was part or based of something.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cold Bishop

Its based on the classic Qing dynasty wuxia novel The Three Knights-Errant and the Five Altruists (edit: doing some more research, I see its commonly translated as The Seven Heroes and Five Gallants), which was previously adapted as Hsu Tseng-Hung's King Cat (which in its day, was considered the equal of Come Drink with Me and One-Armed Swordsman as far as Shaw's early wuxias go). It's also been adapted numerous times since (including loose-adaptations into House of Traps and Cat vs. Rat).

loempiavreter

Cheers!

Just watched the movie itself. A bit of a dissapointment.

Tien Peng's hand combat kung fu skill is quite decent, but the characters are a bit to realistic... a bit to boring. Not like Jade Dagger Ninja/Shaolin Fox Conspiracy

It was quite a slow paced movie. The fight scene in the forest with all the different fighters near the end was the best part for me.

Archived