Identify this scene for me

almightyvice

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
YGIZ

Is that GIF correctly captioned? If it is and even if it isn't, could anyone name the movie?

Are you joking around? :smile:

The scene is from FIST OF FURY (1972, aka. The Chinese Connection). And no, that's not correctly captioned. He's saying he's from the Wu Tang Clan. Get it? The Hip Hop group Wu Tang Clan. It's just a joke.

Secret Executioner
Are you joking around? :smile:

The scene is from FIST OF FURY (1972, aka. The Chinese Connection). And no, that's not correctly captioned. He's saying he's from the Wu Tang Clan. Get it? The Hip Hop group Wu Tang Clan. It's just a joke.

I had suspected it was from Fist Of Fury, but considering the many movies Paul Wei Ping-ao has appeared in and the fact he was pretty much a type-cast, I still had doubts on whether it was FOF or another film - still the Wu Tang thing was quite obviously a joke and not an actual dialog (though sometimes, dubs or "dubtitles" have names that sound really bad).

Gotta admit it's a nice .gif though. :tongue:

Cold Bishop

Hell, sometimes dubs include anachronistic pop-culture reference: the execrable English "dub" of Mr. Vampire, which is essentially a sub-MST3K commentary imposed on the film.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I had suspected it was from Fist Of Fury, but considering the many movies Paul Wei Ping-ao has appeared in and the fact he was pretty much a type-cast, I still had doubts on whether it was FOF or another film

It's 100% FIST OF FURY. See the two guys in the back ("Max" Lee Chiu-Jun and "Peter" Chan Lung)? They're the ones that Chen Zhen forces to eat the sign "Next time it'll be glass!" Remember?

Hell, sometimes dubs include anachronistic pop-culture reference: the execrable English "dub" of Mr. Vampire, which is essentially a sub-MST3K commentary imposed on the film.

Really? :ooh: I've never listened to the English dub. That's terrible though.

I've never liked MST3K. I Prefer to enjoy movies- however silly they may be- for what they are without someone else mocking them.

almightyvice

I knew the captioning could of been off and I'm not surprised it is. I actually haven't seen that Bruce Lee movie yet.. its been sitting in my archives for a bit. Thanks for clearing it up guys.

Secret Executioner
It's 100% FIST OF FURY. See the two guys in the back ("Max" Lee Chiu-Jun and "Peter" Chan Lung)? They're the ones that Chen Zhen forces to eat the sign "Next time it'll be glass!" Remember?

Thanks for the tidbit. :bigsmile:

I've never liked MST3K. I Prefer to enjoy movies- however silly they may be- for what they are without someone else mocking them.

Personally, I think MST3K is some of the most annoying shit ever. :cry:

Morgoth Bauglir

Mst3k is my favorite show. But unfortunately it's a bit like kung fu movies. Some people like it, most people don't. Have you guys ever seen the episode they did on Future War? It features dinosaurs, water, z'dar, kickboxing, and it stars Jean Claude Gosh Darn. Check it out if you get a chance, even without Mike and the bots. There's this special bong bong sound I think you are gonna love.

Mst3k is my favorite show. But unfortunately it's a bit like kung fu movies. Some people like it, most people don't. Have you guys ever seen the episode they did on Future War? It features dinosaurs, water, z'dar, kickboxing, and it stars Jean Claude Gosh Darn. Check it out if you get a chance, even without Mike and the bots. There's this special bong bong sound I think you are gonna love.

I love it too. The only bad thing about MST3K is that it creates a lot of totally UNfunny people who think they can "be like the robots" and try to joke through movies and end up just being annoying. The actual MST3K crew, though: not annoying and quite funny.

Killer Meteor

Is that the one on the HKL disc where Lam Ching Ying suggests those who voted for the Democrats best look away?

I laughed, sorry!

Archived