The Martial Arts Kid (2015) - New Cynthia Rothrock & Don 'The Dragon' Wilson Movie

mpm74

Don ‘The Dragon’ Wilson and Cynthia Rothrock strike back with a new martial arts film. Although the title hasn’t been released to the public, shooting is expected to begin around March in such locations as Cocoa Beach, Florida and Los Angeles, California.

Here are more details.

Great news!!! I still want to see White Tiger..not only for the Wilson/Rothrock fight, but Matt Mullins and in one of his final films, Joe Lewis.

Can't wait!!!

Jeru the Damaja

I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but Risk Factor looks like it was made in 1992. It looks exactly like a typical straight to video martial arts flick from that era. I will say Jalal and Loren both still look pretty good for their ages. The movie on the other hand.........not so much, but I am glad to see these guys back in action.

I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but Risk Factor looks like it was made in 1992. It looks exactly like a typical straight to video martial arts flick from that era. I will say Jalal and Loren both still look pretty good for their ages. The movie on the other hand.........not so much, but I am glad to see these guys back in action.

I think if it was made in 1992, it would have looked better than that. I guess I'm talking in terms of not looking like a youtube movie.

BTW, the bad guy from Cobra, Mark Dacascos and Martin Kove are in a parody film called The Extendables. lol

kingofkungfu2002

For anyone interested, a 'Kickstarter' campaign is now up & running to raise extra funds for 'The Martial Arts Kid' movie. The movie will star Cynthia Rothrock, Don Wilson, TJ Storm, Bill 'Superfoot' Wallace, and a host of other martial arts talent.

There are various rewards & incentives based on the amount you want to pledge.

Here's the link if you'd like to help make a martial arts movie happen :nerd:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1088382504/the-martial-arts-kid

Casting is practically near complete for the Martial Arts Kid. Here's the cast as I know:

Don "The Dragon" Wilson - Uncle Glen

Cynthis Rothrock - Aunt Cindy

Jansen Panetierre - Robbie, the titular Martial Arts Kid

Matthew Ziff - Bo

T.J. Storm - Sensei Tron, Bo's martial arts teacher

Chuck Zito - Frank

Natasha Blasick - Nika

Brandon Tyler Russell, Lenny, Ronnie's first friend in Florida

Bill "Superfoot" Wallace

Nassim "Young Dragon" Lahrizi

Olando "The Warrior" Rivera

Theresa Zaino

Danny Zaino

Tara Cardinal

Fight Choreographer will be James Lew.

Don "The Dragon" Wilson might be doing a "period" martial arts flick.

Don will also appear in SCORPION KING 4: THE LOST THRONE, supposed to be out later this year. He actually was injured on the set of that film.

One Armed Boxer

Hmmm, judging from that trailer I'd say the movies heart is in the right place, but not much else.

kingofkungfu2002

The movie hasn't long since finished filming and is still in post production. The teaser was hastily put together in time for Comic-Con, so I wouldn't judge anything from it really.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'll support it any which way I can. It's been long overdue for something small like this to come through.

kingofkungfu2002

"The film got a very positive reaction from the crowd", says James Wilson, Don's brother and a Producer on the film, along with Cheryl Wheeler-Duncan. "We had a lot of fight scenes, but we wanted to show the heart of the story and I think we did that."

While the Teaser Trailer will make audience's care about the emotional struggles of the "Kid, played by Jansen Panettiere and his aunt and uncle, played by Rothrock and Don Wilson, respectively, James Wilson says there will be more action in the coming Full Trailers. He "just wanted people to care about the main characters first".

Yeah, that looks terrible. Both veterans look somehow creepy, the production values seem laughable. Maybe the trailer doesn't do the final film justice but a trailer is supposed to entice the audience and this one did the opposite.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yeah, that looks terrible. Both veterans look somehow creepy, the production values seem laughable. Maybe the trailer doesn't do the final film justice but a trailer is supposed to entice the audience and this one did the opposite.

I could see that but you gotta remember, this started out as a kickstarter campaign, the funds coming out of their own pocket, not major motion picture studios. You have look at it through a perspective lens. At least with this film, it has a message unlike dog turds like that low budget Gina Carano flick that look like it was shot on a Sperm cam.

One Armed Boxer
You have look at it through a perspective lens. At least with this film, it has a message unlike dog turds like that low budget Gina Carano flick that look like it was shot on a Sperm cam.

This has got to be the funniest line I've read in a long time. OKFC, I'd like to start a petition to make 0:52 - 0:53 of the trailer your signature gif.:tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker
The last thing I wanna see from Cynthia Rothrock and Don Wilson is a message movie.

Hahhahaha, they look just about done with their careers. Oh well, I'll still see it.