Dragon Ball Z: The Light of Hope (Web Series)

AlbertV

Tp90elW-tZI

Robot Underdog is creating a spec pilot for a potential web series entitled Dragon Ball Z: The Light of Hope. From the teaser seen above, it already looks much better than the 2009 adaptation DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION.

Robot Underdog are intending to stay faithful to the storyline of Trunks, the son of Bulma and Vegeta, who will be the main character of the series. In the teaser, we are introduced to Android 17 (Tyler Tackett) and Android 18 (Amy Johnston, who is supposed to star in the lead role of Bey Logan's Lady Bloodsport). Jack Wald (son of stuntmaster and martial arts ace David Wald) will play Trunks as a teen with Anton Bex playing Gohan. Unlike that 2009 absurdity, the characters will have the signature looks of their anime counterparts.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Sounds interesting. Is it kind of a missing link between DBZ and DBGT or an adaptation of a DBZ arc ? I don't remember anything DBZ focused on Trunks, but I haven't really followed that anime (though it's some kick-ass stuff).

Sounds like an adaptation of an arc. I know they mean Future Trunks but I can't say for certain if they're referring to the period he travels back in time to, or his own time period. Perhaps the latter.

The Pilot Episode arrived I believe last week. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

opji5DgE_nQ

Cast:

Tyler Tackett - #17

Amy Johnston - #18

Jack Wald - Trunks

Anton Bex - Gohan

Fight Choreographer: Lohan Buson (DIE FIGHTING)

Archived