Tower of Death Korean version

TheKungFuRobber

CastleOfDeath

I was watching on YouTube the greenhouse fight from TOD/GOD, here taken from a VHS. 

https://youtu.be/knbOT-9LWfE

I just noticed it completely fits with the uncut 1972 GOD dialogues, here they are comparing their fighting styles.

That scene makes no sense in the original GOD, but that is where it appeared first.

Further strenghtening to me that TOD was maybe started using the leftover footage from a first try at GOD more in the spirit of the original film.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
46 minutes ago, CastleOfDeath said:

I was watching on YouTube the greenhouse fight from TOD/GOD, here taken from a VHS. 

https://youtu.be/knbOT-9LWfE

I just noticed it completely fits with the uncut 1972 GOD dialogues, here they are comparing their fighting styles.

That scene makes no sense in the original GOD, but that is where it appeared first.

Further strenghtening to me that TOD was maybe started using the leftover footage from a first try at GOD more in the spirit of the original film.

What didn't make sense about it in the 1978 version?

• Like 1

CastleOfDeath

Why is he fighting this guy? This doesn't have anything to do with the story. If he is triad, then why are they philosophing about martial arts combats techniques? I'm not sure it makes sense (thought I love the inclusion of it in the HK cut).

• Like 2

starschwar
On 6/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, Cheer You On said:

Bey Logan had found outtakes of ETD in the Media Asia archive where he could tell from their lip movements that they were speaking Chinese. Fred Weintraub had no idea that there was an attempt to film a Chinese language version, and Clouse never mentioned it in his book. Perhaps this allowed for a technicality.

Wasn't Clouse completely deaf?  It could be that this was done right in front of him and he'd have been none the wiser.

• Like 1

Josh Baker
33 minutes ago, starschwar said:

Wasn't Clouse completely deaf?  It could be that this was done right in front of him and he'd have been none the wiser.

I heard he was mostly deaf but not completely- he is wearing hearing aids or hearing aid in the singular, in the ETD behind the scenes footage if I remember correctly.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2023 at 1:03 PM, CastleOfDeath said:

Why is he fighting this guy? This doesn't have anything to do with the story. If he is triad, then why are they philosophing about martial arts combats techniques? I'm not sure it makes sense (thought I love the inclusion of it in the HK cut).

Maybe a reference to the challenges Bruce Lee had in real life?.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:42 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Whatever happened to Cognoscente?

He was told to stick around to see the manager. 

And more thing: 

U.S. version of TOWER OF DEATH (GOD 2) is the more enjoyable cut for all the wrong/obvious reasons lol

Still, TOWER OF DEATH KOREAN is essential viewing. Better than the Swedish cut of OPPENHEIMER.

You, two..... stick around for a while.

• Like 2