No Tears for the Dead (2014)

One Armed Boxer

CJ Entertainment USA is releasing the film on DVD and Blu-Ray in the U.S. on February 17.

For fuck's sake. Wish I had waited now instead of spending £15 on the Korean DVD with unsubbed extras.

Is this as good as Man From Nowhere?

Far from it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CJ Entertainment USA is releasing the film on DVD and Blu-Ray in the U.S. on February 17. Got the official notification yesterday :) Blu-Ray will include featurettes, deleted scenes, action highlights and an interview with Brian Tee.
Looks like this one may end up being a double dip for me.

One Armed Boxer
It was okay. I'd probably watch it again. That flying knee to the face though! :eek:

Oh man I forgot about that, I don't think I've winced at a scene like that since the stuff in 'The Raid 2'....it's an awesome shot!

CJ Entertainment USA is releasing the film on DVD and Blu-Ray in the U.S. on February 17. Got the official notification yesterday :) Blu-Ray will include featurettes, deleted scenes, action highlights and an interview with Brian Tee.

I won't go into detail as I'd consider it spoiler territory, but as with most movies, the deleted scenes are deleted for good reason (Keung if you have the Korean DVD, the deleted scenes are mostly spoken in English)....the tattoo he has written across his shoulders, which is clearly seen in one of them, is possibly one of the worse creative decisions I've ever seen, Jeong-beom was right to leave it on the cutting room floor.

Curious to see what kind of feature 'action highlights' is.

Is this as good as Man From Nowhere?

OKFC, check out my review in post #20.

I got my advanced BR Monday, watched the movie last night, and will watch the extras tonight. This will most likely go on my other film blog for review tomorrow :)

I agree that flying knee kick to Alex Wraith's head...awesome!

One Armed Boxer
This will most likely go on my other film blog for review tomorrow :)

Hey Albert, I think if 'John Wick' is KFC review worthy, then 'No Tears for the Dead' more than qualifies as being reviewed on here!

Hey Albert, I think if 'John Wick' is KFC review worthy, then 'No Tears for the Dead' more than qualifies as being reviewed on here!

I totally agree Albert. Stop holdin back on us. Let the reviews cum!

I totally agree Albert. Stop holdin back on us. Let the reviews cum!

The voices have spoken!!! I have it on my other film blog, but because the voices have spoken...yes...today, I will post the review also on Kung Fu Cinema!!! :)

UPDATE: The Review is now on the main site :) Enjoy!

One Armed Boxer
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the review?

Yes, Albert appears to have setup the 'No Tears for the Dead' link so that it connects to the review index, it's a vicious cycle. Maybe this movie was never meant to be reviewed on KFC after all?

In the meantime you can check out his review here -

http://albertvfilm.blogspot.hk/2015/02/no-tears-for-dead-2014.html

Hey guys,

I just saw what happened...somehow the permalink was screwed up so I am in the midst of fixing it. Was busy the last few days including being sick yesterday. So I'll see what's going on with it and hopefully it can be fixed.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/reviews/no-tears-for-dead-2014

UPDATE: It's fixed and now viewable on the main page. If it doesn't work, try to refresh your browser :)

You'd think a movie where the main character grew up in the US he would have spoken better English.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
You'd think a movie where the main character grew up in the US he would have spoken better English.

Yeah.

You'd also think a movie where the main character is an assassin he would be better at killing people. :squigglemouth:

Yeah.

You'd also think a movie where the main character is an assassin he would be better at killing people. :squigglemouth:

Maybe they were going for the worst assassin in the world who couldn't speak English even after having grown up in the US.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Maybe they were going for the worst assassin in the world who couldn't speak English even after having grown up in the US.

You never know.

I guess every assassin in every film can't be "the best". But as a regular, non-assassin guy, I can definitely say that he made some very illogical choices that even I know better than to do. The film is definitely worth seeing, but there were some things I thought were extra dumb sprinkled throughout, and I thought the climactic scene out-lived it's welcome too.

I haven't seen him for a long time, but I remembered that I liked the action scenes. The director is the same as one of my favorite Korean films "The Man from Nowhere". Here too, as always, nothing original in history (always the usual killer who falters in his duties and the old comrades who will want to take him out). The action scenes are very good (even if few), but in the end the editing breaks the hand-to-hand action too much and did not satisfy me. Vote: 6.7/10

Archived