What's your all-time favorite fight scene

smilebomb

43 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I rewatched this one recently. Such an underrated/overlooked fight.

Is this one released by mediablasters? I do not have disc at home now but don`t recall anything so special, just good fights...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Jin Szu-Yi
15 hours ago, paimeifist said:

Knockabout finale: Lau Kar Wing, why couldn't you have more big roles. (Not that I've seen all he has had)

So true, Lau Kar Wing is wonderful. I wish he would have had more prominent roles / character variety (and not just cornering the market on playing older masters.) He was his usual amazingly amazing here. 

1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

Is this one released by mediablasters? I do not have disc at home now but don`t recall anything so special, just good fights...

Yep, Mediablasters/Tokyo Shock. I really think it's an underrated weapons fight. It's right in the middle of the film and, in my opinion, overshadows most of the other fights.

It all depends on your preferred style though. While it's intricate and features amazing shapes, it doesn't quite have the speed or complexity of, say, a great Sammo fight.

Any time Lam Ching Ying goes toe to toe with Frankie Chan in "Prodigal Son" is gold too. A lot of people think the finale is a classic and, while it might be, I'll take some of the smaller fights in the film over it any day.

It is just the combination of both actors greatest strengths (IMO) used to great effect together. Jack Long's sublime flexibility and fluidity vs. Corey Yuens legendary weapons skill (both actors showed both traits tbh!). How close do you think they were to knocking each others teeth out when they were filming the scenes with the polearms? Man I love this fight.

Morgoth Bauglir

All of the fights in 7 Grandmasters have their moments of greatness, except maybe Jack Long vs Lee I Min which was not as good as it could have been, but the Corey Yuen fight I think is an easy pick for one of the best fights ever.  No doubt about what you say paimeifist it had to be impossible to get all of those movements done perfectly.

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yep, Mediablasters/Tokyo Shock. I really think it's an underrated weapons fight. It's right in the middle of the film and, in my opinion, overshadows most of the other fights.

It all depends on your preferred style though. While it's intricate and features amazing shapes, it doesn't quite have the speed or complexity of, say, a great Sammo fight.

that looks neat I must bring dvd to home when go to mothers house next time, When speaking all time favs I also dig lot tino wong scenes in snake in the eagles shadow, And  about every scene in "4 infernos to cross"when bruce lee korean version is kicking butt,And masked avengers finale...

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

As far as a complete film, I forgot to mention Shanghai 13. Fight-wise there's good variety: serious weapons work, some O.T.T. moments of kung fu comedy and excellent acrobatics.  Everyone shines and the fights escalate into more grand and elaborate set pieces as the film moves forward.  I love that Lu Feng makes Leung Kar Yan and Andy Lau look so great. Ditto for Ricky Chien giving some excellent room for Ti Lung to strut his stuff bare-handed and with that pipe. 

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

In all seriousness:

"How on earth can a person have only 'ONE' favorite fight scene."

There are so many it impossible to choose.

My fav is the one at hand in the movies I watch.

That being said I really love the end of Bloody Treasury Fight

315985a1e7d43716e75e32fa1480c2e9.jpg

GD Y-Y

I couldn’t possibly say,there are so many different kind of fight scenes one v one Gordon Liu v Wang Lung Wei,Martial club one v many Bruce Lee v Japanese dojo,fist of fury,weapons based Gordon liu v Ko Fei 8 diagram pole fighter but if I HAD to choose it would be the finale of Warriors 2,great hands from Sammo, Fung hak on,and great legs from Casanova Wong

NoKUNGFUforYU

Hot Cool and Vicious jumped when I read this. Finale just stuck out, and then there is the fight at the end of Fist of Fury. I am talking old school, though.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:32 PM, sym8 said:

Finale to Police Story,to this day it's still the only fight sequence I watched then immediately rewound the vhs tape and watched again.Couldnt believe what I had just seen(crisp fast choreography and manic stunts).A classic

I just wish the fight between Fung Hak On and Chan went on for longer. I wish it had turned into a more classical 1 on 1, were it would look like Jackie had a chance of losing, similar to his fight with Urquidez from the year before.   

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Speaking of Police Story, I’m a sucker for the playground fight in Police Story 2. 

I often rewind this moment just to count the movements:

Police Story 2 playground.gif

It was suppose to say: "Stuntman Two: 1 reaction to hit" but it's missing "hit". As it took me awhile to edit together I can't be bothered to correct it.   

On 11/6/2018 at 9:34 PM, sym8 said:

I couldn’t possibly say,there are so many different kind of fight scenes one v one Gordon Liu v Wang Lung Wei,Martial club one v many Bruce Lee v Japanese dojo,fist of fury,weapons based Gordon liu v Ko Fei 8 diagram pole fighter but if I HAD to choose it would be the finale of Warriors 2,great hands from Sammo, Fung hak on,and great legs from Casanova Wong

Yes for me as well Sammo, Fung Hak On & Casanova Wong, that finale is why I love this genre!

Bless

Archived