Lucy (2014) -New Luc Besson directed Movie starring Scarlett Johansson & Choi Min-sik

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

A Scarlett Johanson action vehicle written/directed by Luc Besson? This movie should be right up your alley KFC. Min Sik Choi from Oldboy is in it.

MVt32qoyhi0

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Scarlett Johanson action vehicle written/directed by Luc Besson? This movie should be right up your alley KFC. Min Sik Choi from Oldboy is in it.

MVt32qoyhi0

It's the action movie version of LIMITLESS!

OpiumKungFuCracker
It's the action movie version of LIMITLESS!

I actually have never seen Limitless, but now I will.

actually have never seen Limitless, but now I will.

You're missing out, man. Watch it. It's crazy good!

As far as Lucy.... I hope it's good. Judging from the trailer... I just can't stand Scarlett Johansson for some reason.

One Armed Boxer
I just can't stand Scarlett Johansson for some reason.

Because you have a visual impairment!?:ooh:

Because you have a visual impairment!?:ooh:

Average visual in a movie directed by a guy who forgot how to make a good movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just got back from watching it, aside from the uninteresting plot and story, visually Luc Besson is up there as one of the best at doing action/visual set pieces. It's running at least 90 mins so it packs a punch. Oldboy Choi Min-sik is okay in this, not great, dude spoke Korean dialect the whole time. I would have loved for him to switch to English but I guess that wasn't where Luc Besson was going.

Secret Executioner

Don't know if it's my basic hatred for this director or just the fact the film itself is crap (or a badly done trailer), but I felt totally uninterested in the trailer that I saw today. Seems like Besson just throws all his usual crap into ONE SINGLE FILM: you have science-fiction, car chases, action, a sexy (?) female lead - yeah, can save you time cause you can see at least 3 or 4 of his movies in one single flick.

masterofoneinchpunch

I might be the only one annoyed by the "Human being using 10% of the brain" angle which is just nonsense from a scientific standpoint. I did forgive Limitless though, a film I ended up quite liking. What?

Just got home from seeing this. I am a huge fan of Scarlett. (Who I wish to to be the mother of children one day.) And Enjoyed films like Leon, Nikita & The 5th Element. But this was a let down. Visually it works a little by showing fancy shots and a ton of close-ups of the angelic face of Ms Johansson. But the plot is stupid. Even for a Sci-Fi flick it was hard to believe. Plot holes everywhere and a waste of Choi Min Sik as all he does is make snarling faces.

Side question though. Does anyone know the name of the Korean actor who played Jang's muscle. He looked extremely familiar.

Archived