DC-Marvel War: May 6, 2016 Official

AlbertV

What will you see on May 6, 2016  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will you see on May 6, 2016

• Captain America 3
    • Batman vs. Superman

It is now official. May 6, 2016 is the date...fans, mark your calendars. Marvel and DC go to war at the box office. In the Marvel corner, the Russo Brothers' Captain America 3. In the DC corner Zack Snyder's Batman-Superman movie. Which will you see on opening weekend?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Grew up with Bats and Supes cartoons - and no matter how good Captain America 2 was, I'm still rooting for DC.

ShaOW!linDude

I still say Warner will balk and wind up moving BvsS as CA3 already had the date slotted. Plus, CA2 is such a killer movie, I don't think they'll want to make people choose where they want to spend their $. Not everyone can afford 2 movies at the theater a day.

Secret Executioner
I still say Warner will balk and wind up moving BvsS as CA3 already had the date slotted. Plus, CA2 is such a killer movie, I don't think they'll want to make people choose where they want to spend their $. Not everyone can afford 2 movies at the theater a day.

Last time I checked, the DC movie was there first. Since when do people leave their grounds to anyone who whants them ?

ShaOW!linDude
Last time I checked, the DC movie was there first. Since when do people leave their grounds to anyone who whants them ?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/295311-screenwriter-christopher-markus-on-captain-america-3s-showdown-with-batman-vs-superman#/slide/1

3rd paragraph. Disney had claimed the date but never revealed just what film they had slated for it. When Warner's announced their plans, Disney showed their hand.

I will go with the Bats vs Supes.

Was never really a fan of the Captain - it took me forever to see the first movie.

But I may end up seing both on the same day/weekend....if time permits.

Well, we can't really accurately say, can we? Cap 2 just came out and we haven't seen anything from Batman vs. Superman yet.

If I had to guess...I've preferred Marvel's stuff to DC's, overall. Liked Cap more than Man of Steel and I imagine it'll be a case of the same with Winter Soldier. But then there's the novelty of seeing a new interpretation of Batman. And he's in a Superman movie (!). And it's ol' Bartleby in the costume (a good thing, in my opinion, if you're wondering). AND it's the grey costume, apparently. I think I'm more excited about seeing a new Batman, but I imagine I'll actually like Cap 3 more.

Secret Executioner
Well, we can't really accurately say, can we? Cap 2 just came out and we haven't seen anything from Batman vs. Superman yet.

If I had to guess...I've preferred Marvel's stuff to DC's, overall. Liked Cap more than Man of Steel and I imagine it'll be a case of the same with Winter Soldier. But then there's the novelty of seeing a new interpretation of Batman. And he's in a Superman movie (!). And it's ol' Bartleby in the costume (a good thing, in my opinion, if you're wondering). AND it's the grey costume, apparently. I think I'm more excited about seeing a new Batman, but I imagine I'll actually like Cap 3 more.

So, this Batman will have a grey suit instead of the black one that has been recurrent since Burton's first film (though the suits in the Joel Schumacher films - especially Batman & Robin - tended to look blue-ish at times) ? Interesting, a first since Adam West in the 1960s (or 1979 if we count the Legend Of The Superheroes TV specials).

BTW ToryK, I love your signature - great gif. :tongue:

Archived