Shout Factory's Martial Arts Movie Marathon Vol. II

mpm74

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange as i watched part of Shaolin Plot to check it out and didn't notice any added sound effects, i watched it with the Mandarin dub and normally notice these thing immediately, will check again.

masterofoneinchpunch
Strange as i watched part of Shaolin Plot to check it out and didn't notice any added sound effects, i watched it with the Mandarin dub and normally notice these thing immediately, will check again.

I watched it yesterday (whole film) and also didn't really notice any sound effects with the Mandarin dub. While maybe they were there I can guarantee they are nowhere near as bad as some of the early 5.1 releases in the Fox/Fortune Star R1 wave which set the mark for annoyance. Honestly I cannot see the sound here being a deterrent for most here.

It is a great release on that set though. There is some fun shapes in that film and some excellent action which I might opine on later. Beautiful Korean landscape (there is some set work, that is noticeable when it shifts from on location to set.) I think you can call this an underrated film.

Hilarious fake eye injury.

I really like both sets (I still have two films to watch on the first marathon set and have now seen all on the second. I was waiting to watch Dragon Tamers until after The Young Dragons and well I have no idea when I'll get to watching all of The Association)

i didn't check Mandarin Audio for PLOT, only English. and that is destroyed. maybe Mandarin is not.

Oh wow, so the English Dub is what everyone was complaining about? No worries for me then.

Movies are hardly "destroyed" because of bad English dubs...

masterofoneinchpunch
Oh wow, so the English Dub is what everyone was complaining about? No worries for me then.

Movies are hardly "destroyed" because of bad English dubs...

I thought he was referring to the Mandarin dub as well. But I had no issues whatsoever with the Mandarin dub or film elements.

For me the worst film and the most forgettable in this set is Shaolin Boxers.

For me the worst film and the most forgettable in this set is Shaolin Boxers.

I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching all of them when I have time. I've been out of the classic MA genre for way too long. 2015 resolution: get back to watching these movies again.

Killer Meteor

NDd1O-hkno4

Judging from this clip, there are new sound FX on the Mandarin track of Shaolin Plot too, but at least the original audio is clear enough, unlike some of the other Fortune Star titles, but it really is a poor show. Another fan job in the making, I think.

Killer Meteor
i did not get that Set as it promised horrible Remixes for Hapkido...

Checking the clip on Shout's Youtube page, it is original mono for the Mandarin track BUT the clip stops just before the part where it went out of sync on the HKL DVD!

Archived