Channel surfing surprise Incrediable Kung Fu Mission.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

There it was one of my favorite kung fu movies.

ikfm-600x300.jpg

I stumbled into last night on Bounce TV.

A great print too.

Came in to it at the brothel scene when John Liu's team gets the crap beat out of them.

Watched the rest of it, as how could I miss Robert Tai in his albino villianese greatness.

LOL :xd:.

roberttai6.jpg

you_must_be_tired_p2-4.jpg

GD Y-Y

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

That's a great film (and one of the funniest kung fu comedies I've seen), really cool that it came on TV.

I would not rate it as kung-fu comedy but yes it has magnificent leg to leg action...

I have pagoda films release and sadly its dubbed but at least its widescreen

Secret Executioner
I would not rate it as kung-fu comedy but yes it has magnificent leg to leg action...

I have pagoda films release and sadly its dubbed but at least its widescreen

It may not be a comedy per se, but I found this one pretty funny - and indeed, the action is great.

Chinatown Kid

This is probably John Liu's best film IMO, his kicks are really showcased to the fullest with a good story to back it up. I liked Liu's final fight with Alan Hsui better than his fight with Robert Tai, those rapid fire kicks he landed to Hsui's head was electrifying!

First non-Shaw fu film I ever taped off of t.v. way back around '85 (tape has since broke; snapped right off). A little disturbing in the way some of the recruits meet their demise, but overall a really good low budget flick and yes, probably the best showcase ever for John Liu. The dubbing of Robert Tai ("... or your asking fer it") is a hoot.

Incidentally, anybody ever been able to i.d. the origin of the theme song (which incorporates "Old Turkey Buzzard")? I'm guessing it's from a Spaghetti Western I've yet to see...

Secret Executioner
Incidentally, anybody ever been able to i.d. the origin of the theme song (which incorporates "Old Turkey Buzzard")? I'm guessing it's from a Spaghetti Western I've yet to see...

Agreed, that theme sounds an awful lot like something from one of those 1960s Italian Westerns - still a great track though.

The music is from an American Western from 1969 called MacKenna's Gold.

It has been remixed to sound like a italian western song just for this movie apparently.

The music is from an American Western from 1969 called MacKenna's Gold.

It has been remixed to sound like a italian western song just for this movie apparently.

I have MacKenna's Gold (got it just for Julie Newmar's nude swim scene) and knew Old Turkey Buzzard was the film's theme, but I still think it had to be reworked for a Spaghetti pic as I can't imagine an independant kung fu film had the resources to rescore a movie like that.

Secret Executioner
I have MacKenna's Gold (got it just for Julie Newmar's nude swim scene) and knew Old Turkey Buzzard was the film's theme, but I still think it had to be reworked for a Spaghetti pic as I can't imagine an independant kung fu film had the resources to rescore a movie like that.

Godfrey Ho's Ninja The Protector uses a remix of a track from a Robotech series, so anything's possible (I mean, we all know how cheap Godfrey Ho's are...). :tongue:

Shaolin Chamber 36

I haven't experienced that channel surfing jackpot since I had Comcast and a network use to show alot of the Tai Seng released movies. I know I could have the experience again, if only I could afford to upgrade my DirecTV package to the one with the El Rey network, where they are showing a ton of classic Shaw Brothers movies with the original dubs.

Incredible kung fu mission is a splendid film. One of the first ones to feature the criminally under-successful Alexander Lou Rei.

Incredible kung fu mission is yet another fine example of Taiwanese old skool productions. It's suprising the amount of old skool movies that are made in Taiwan and how many directors and stars are Taiwanese. They often use Hong Kong stars and film makers in their movies so the line between wether a movie is taiwanese of hong kong made gets a bit blurred.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Incredible kung fu mission is yet another fine example of Taiwanese old skool productions. It's suprising the amount of old skool movies that are made in Taiwan and how many directors and stars are Taiwanese. They often use Hong Kong stars and film makers in their movies so the line between wether a movie is taiwanese of hong kong made gets a bit blurred.

Indeed!

GD Y-Y

Archived