James Tien

Jesse Smooth

Jesse Smooth

Whatever happened to him? I always kinda liked him. Are the rumors true that he's pissed because some schmuck named Bruce ruined his career? Apparently Tien was to be the lead in Big Boss but Bruce kinda killed that. :)

I don't think he's pissed, he had a solid career especially during the late 70's-mid-80's. But, I believe he is retired from acting.

Jesse Smooth

I read rumors a while back that he never had anything positive to say about Bruce. Nor will he do interviews regarding him.

Yep, heard the same. I don't find it hard to believe, a lot of folks disliked Bruce for various reasons. In regard to James Tien, I feel it was a case of too much Haterade! :) IMO ofcourse...

TibetanWhiteCrane

He is indeed retired, and according to Bey Logan.... "not the most easy going person" I belive the quote was:)

Hi just wondered if anyone had ever read any James Tien interviews? Id love to read one cus he has worked with just about everyone over the years.

Im not sure if he is still alive tho:ooh:

im sure i read somewhere he has refused to give interviews,if thats true its a real shame,id like to know his memories of game of death and the big boss.

I'm trying to write his bio at the moment but im not so tough with the info on him. I know that is from Taiwan opera and that stuff but does anyone have any cool stories about him or magazin scans?

As Shapes said I can remember reading that he had a Peking Opera background.

Loved him in The Big Boss, from the moment I seen him and that was 30 years ago. Really p*ssed at him now though because there hasn't been a peep from him in terms of interview material?

What the hell is the problem? All that wonderful time spend with Lee and he could be a great resource for Game of Death and not a single word?

Killer Meteor
As Shapes said I can remember reading that he had a Peking Opera background.

Loved him in The Big Boss, from the moment I seen him and that was 30 years ago. Really p*ssed at him now though because there hasn't been a peep from him in terms of interview material?

What the hell is the problem? All that wonderful time spend with Lee and he could be a great resource for Game of Death and not a single word?

James Tien is a cool cat on screen. He's apparently a recluse, grumpy about Bruce, and fat as Sammo.

... Really p*ssed at him now though because there hasn't been a peep from him in terms of interview material?

It's obvious you don't realize not everyone loved Lee in HK... There are a number of entertainers who won't say much more than what's been heard time and again. Maybe Tien feels "if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."

Other GH players at the time I've never heard say much:

Pai Yin

Paul Tien Feng

Wu Ngan

Maria Yi

Han Yin Chieh

James Nam

Jimmy Wang Yu

Chang Yi

Chan Wai Man (back then, he has come around over the years)

And others...

Secret Executioner
It's obvious you don't realize not everyone loved Lee in HK... There are a number of entertainers who won't say much more than what's been heard time and again. Maybe Tien feels "if you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all."

Pai Yin

Paul Tien Feng

Wu Ngan

Maria Yi

Han Yin Chieh

James Nam

Jimmy Wang Yu

Chang Yi

And others...

Your new avatar is awesome. :bigsmile:

by the way --- i have the complete 60's captain america series. the art was primitive but i liked it better than most of today's stuff.

Pai Yin

Paul Tien Feng

Wu Ngan

Maria Yi

Han Yin Chieh

James Nam

Jimmy Wang Yu

Chang Yi

And others...

Yeah that's obvious.

Tien doesnt just avoid discussing Bruce Lee. He avoids discussing period.

Ive read or seen Maria Yi and Han Ying Chieh discuss Bruce Lee. Wu Ngan was completely out the industry when Lee died, whereas Tien was relevant for years. Must be some grudge he holds for it to last 40+ years.