To the Fore (2015) - Dante Lam

DiP

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the film is not about the evolution of farting??? Just kidding....sounds like a HK version of Breaking Away :)

Thank the Lord on that one....the original title was also the name of the dumbest spoof movie I have ever seen...and for the record, I was forced to watch the Twilight spoof and it was one of the all time lowest points in my movie watching history

Update

Ethan Ruan had to drop out of the film due to a torn knee ligament. He injured his knee before and is forced to take two months off then rehab for another two months with no extensive exercise. Dante Lam is currently searching for Ruan's replacement. Source: JayneStars

One Armed Boxer

& the award for the most uninspiringly dull trailer goes too -

tEaETIMnfLc

It might as well have been made from stock footage of the Tour De France.

Is Dante Lam fucking kidding us? Who wants to watch that? And whats with the ominous music in the trailer? Sounds like the soundtrack to a prophecy made in ancient times. Totally fitting for a film about cycling.

I thought this movie was a piece of shit. A HUGE let down from Dante Lam. And that's saying something since That Demon Within was also a letdown. The whole damn plot is a rip-off of Talladega Nights. I kid you not! The characters are boring, the story is hackneyed (how the fuck can you ride a bike if your ankle is shattered and the Achilles tendon is torn?) and the cycling races are surprisingly bad. The China funding sure as hell doesn't help, making this film predictable from beginning to end. And the added xenophobia (especially towards Koreans) and product placement just sends it down the drain.

Avoid this movie at all costs. Dante Lam, you're losing it.

Archived