Mugamoodi

BaronK

Not new. Bollywood flick with WC as the art used. Action by my man Tone Leung. Last thing he's done I believe, post Legend Is Born: Ip Man.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reviewed the movie on the site :) loads of fun...nice wing chun and the bad guy was over the top at times but still liked it

Indian cinema is a lot more than just Bollywood movies. As AlbertB said in his review, Mugamoodi is a Tamil film, made in a different part of India (south India) in Tamil language, unrelated to the Hindi spoken in Bollywood movies. Also, it was not as slick as a Bollywood movie, different clothing, grittier settings, which was refreshing.

The Mugamoodi movie on dvd isn't as available as it was last year. But at least someone put it up on Youtube, where anyone can watch it.

Here is a random question.. What's a better superhero movie attempt.. Mugamoodi or zebra man?

Depends on your taste..Zebraman was about an ordinary man who pretends to be his childhood superhero after feeling depressed by both job and family but learns there is real trouble abound and somehow he ends up possessing powers when dressed as the superhero...it's a more dramatic feature where Mugamoodi is about a martial artist who puts on a costume and goes after a martial arts cult...for drama mixed in with action, definitely Zebraman, for some exciting martial arts action, Mugamoodi.

i watched this last night and i have very mixed feelings about it. the movie started out really strong. the first few fights (the tournament fight and the alley fight and the market fight) were awesome. But sadly after the first 3 fights, the rest started to go down and down. once the costume was put on, a;; the awesome kung fu started to slow down and get to ur typical dodge and punch action movie and less about style. the movie is almost 3 hours long and just the action decreasing in quality makes it seem like it starts to drag. the songs were darker and had a more gothic theme, where most Indian based movies seem to have such happy go lucky songs, this was about drugs and alcohol, so i really enjoyed that. i just cant get passed the 2 hours 46 mins while the action gets worse and worse.. i wanted to like this movie soooooooo bad but sadly just to long

Archived