The Killer/Sacred Knives of Vengeance from Celestial Classics

NoKUNGFUforYU

Eastern Evil
I have not watched much of it, but if it's got the gore cut, that's a shame, as the final fight was such a blast when I first saw it in 1973 at the Grand in San Francisco's mission district. Pretty scary, the lone white kid watching a triple feature out there. I think it played with The Vampire Lovers. I was 13 or 14 at the time. It sure looks better than the other copies floating around, but it's not HD or anything. Also, I am not a big dubbing guy.

The new one from the Celestial channel isn't in English.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I was little worried at first that I was the only person to create a thread for such a magnificent film, but to my dismay you guys do know your Kung Fu shit. I was just about to revoke all you guys Kung Fu credibility card away from you for good but you guys came through in the clutch. This movie,boy they don't make them like this anymore. The script, my god the script is just as good as the bashing was it not? Why can't modern martial arts movie follow this principle? Sit down, write a good script then you shoot your talents on screen and bingo, you have your kung fu movie? Is it really that hard Mr. Tom Yung goof off 2 and the Special retard ID of the world? You have the talent, just hire some decent writers to write your fucking movie and you're good to go, for fuck sakes mate does Gareth Evans have to do everything or am I overrating the guy?? Dude, that 2 on 1 fight against the Japanese swordsman was fucking balls to the wall brutal as fuck badassness to the bad!!! Holy jumping fuck sticks was I ever impress!!! The melodramatic music at the end of the movie were the kind of songs my parents have sex to, can you believe it?

OpiumKungFuCracker

For those members who has yet to see this, GO SEE THIS SHIT NOW!!!! I don't care how dammit, see it!!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I was little worried at first that I was the only person to create a thread for such a magnificent film, but to my dismay you guys do know your Kung Fu shit. I was just about to revoke all you guys Kung Fu credibility card away from you for good but you guys came through in the clutch. This movie,boy they don't make them like this anymore. The script, my god the script is just as good as the bashing was it not? Why can't modern martial arts movie follow this principle? Sit down, write a good script then you shoot your talents on screen and bingo, you have your kung fu movie? Is it really that hard Mr. Tom Yung goof off 2 and the Special retard ID of the world? You have the talent, just hire some decent writers to write your fucking movie and you're good to go, for fuck sakes mate does Gareth Evans have to do everything or am I overrating the guy?? Dude, that 2 on 1 fight against the Japanese swordsman was fucking balls to the wall brutal as fuck badassness to the bad!!! Holy jumping fuck sticks was I ever impress!!! The melodramatic music at the end of the movie were the kind of songs my parents have sex to, can you believe it?

Your rant really cracked me up bro! :xd: And your end line?

IThe melodramatic music at the end of the movie were the kind of songs my parents have sex to, can you believe it?

Priceless!

For those members who has yet to see this, GO SEE THIS SHIT NOW!!!! I don't care how dammit, see it!!!

I will follow your orders Dr. OpiumKungFuCracker. I've never seen it. Looks like it's time. :nerd:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wow, bob you'd be the last person I'd expect to have not seen this.. I'm not sure where to get a copy that's uncut but this thread everyone is talking about the cut on ADC. Is that uncut, or cut??? Guys, help me out?

NoKUNGFUforYU

My understanding is a little of the gore has been cut, but it's an awesome print with clear english subs. One of the first Kung fu movies to be released in the US as well, so, you could just see it for historical value. Also, because Warner Bros has the copyright, you can't get a good copy anywhere else!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Wow, bob you'd be the last person I'd expect to have not seen this.. I'm not sure where to get a copy that's uncut but this thread everyone is talking about the cut on ADC. Is that uncut, or cut??? Guys, help me out?

I've seen a lot, but far from everything. :bigsmile:

Sounds like they are referring to the subtitled print from the Celestial TV channel, and it is missing some gore.

After I watch this, I will see if the missing parts are in the dubbed version. But I imagine that if an uncut print were floating around, one of the more knowledgeable members would have mentioned that fact. So I get the impression that there isn't currently an uncut print available. :squigglemouth:

Cold Bishop

I haven't done a 1:1 comparison, but I recall the dubbed VHS copy skipping around a bit during the final fight, so I've never been sure if it was cut or whether the film was trimmed for original release.

Whether Celestial TV is cut even more, I can't say, but it didn't bother me, and it's worth it to see it widescreen.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Thanks for the info NoKUNGFUforYU and Cold Bishop. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I've seen the Celestial print, KFBob. Can't say if anything's been cut as my memory of the old fs print is faded at this point but either way, it's well worth your time. Not as great as King Boxer, but close enough!

Cold Bishop

And remember - and let this be a word of warning to those trying to track down the bootleg - the only other widescreen version of the film is missing a half-hour. I don't think a few trims which may or may not be there is that big a problem in comparison.:bigsmile:

Archived