Yasmine (2014)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

Here's the poster and trailer for the new silat film, "Yasmine." Not much has been announced regarding the plot but it's billed as an action-drama and the choreography/stunts are done by Chan Ma Ching, formerly of Jackie's stunt team...

UgZzd7Y.jpg

0eqE8aW2ndU

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sifu iron perm
Here's the poster and trailer for the new silat film, "Yasmine." Not much has been announced regarding the plot but it's billed as an action-drama and the choreography/stunts are done by Chan Ma Ching, formerly of Jackie's stunt team...

UgZzd7Y.jpg

0eqE8aW2ndU

looks interesting. Im down.

One Armed Boxer

Brunei's first ever feature film apparently! Some sites are incorrectly reporting this as an Indonesian movie. Looks like they'll be pushing the main female star Liyana Yus as the next Jija Yanin.

This movie will debut tomorrow at the Hong Kong International Film Festival.

Drunken Monk

Embedded...

HWi1oUg89Mo

I actually think this looks awesome. Not necessarily from an action standpoint (though it looks solid there too), but as a unique film. Woman-centric, it features Silat and seems to capture the martial arts spirit. I'm excited.

thanks for the review link OAB, story & pacing pretty much as expected

been looking forward to this film for a while and the review just confirms my hopes of enjoyment

Female Islamic Karate (Silat) Kid, nice twist on the common tale

ShaOW!linDude

Again, it's a year and a half later. Did this ever get a DVD release?

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Again, it's a year and a half later. Did this ever get a DVD release?

I think as derwood so eloquently put it, the chances of this one getting a release in the current U.S. climate are pretty slim -

On 30/07/2014 at 8:47 AM, derwood said:

Female Islamic Karate (Silat) Kid, nice twist on the common tale

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I think as derwood so eloquently put it, the chances of this one getting a release in the current U.S. climate are pretty slim -

Hah. Probably more due to a lack of interest. It's not like it's a blatant promotion of Islam. (Of course, that might be the problem in Hollywood's eyes. "She only 'converted' to Islam to learn Silat. We want a film about a young dedicated Moslem girl. We want diversity. Wah.") Regardless, I'm just curious if there was ever a dvd release.

One Armed Boxer

Funny that the title of the YouTube clip can't even get the country right...

sifu iron perm
On 2017-6-23 at 0:27 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Funny that the title of the YouTube clip can't even get the country right...

lazy foreigner uploaded it.

(sarcasm)

Drunken Monk

I know this is an old thread but it occurred to me that very few people saw this one. For those interested, it's currently streaming on the free movie streaming service Tubi.

I have Tubi on my Roku & Android devices but haven't given it much a watch (no time). I will install it over the weekend on my Amazon Fire TV and give it a watch 

Drunken Monk
5 minutes ago, thekfc said:

I have Tubi on my Roku & Android devices but haven't given it much a watch (no time). I will install it over the weekend on my Amazon Fire TV and give it a watch 

There's a few kung fu films on Tubi. A nice selection of Bruceploitation from what I recall.

Archived