Why I don't like Bruce Lee.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Its not me but this guy who says so.

My buddy sent me this You Tube video after receiving the Ip Man video.

Draw your own conclusions.

GD Y-Y

379733_10200202190683654_1224213079_n.jpg

528183_10200709346642236_1544988375_n.jpg

Chief Instructor Dominick Izzo

Chief Instructor Izzo is an internationally published author, contributor and the first Wing Chun Instructor in Chicago to be featured in the world renown, Wing Chun Illustrated Magazine. He is a Police Officer and former member of NIPAS Mobile Field Force, having served in active call-outs for riot control.

Chief Instructor Izzo began his Wing Chun under Sifu Danny Halligan, acting as an assistant instructor for Halligan’s Combat Training, later under Master Philip Nearing and currently under Master Sifu Syed Ahmad.

Chief Instructor Izzo has had the honor of training with incredible Wing Chun Masters such as, Sifu Jin Young, aka The China Boxer, Sifu Eric Li and Grandmaster Samuel Kwok, helping Chief Instructor Izzo further his depth of knowledge and understanding of the Wing Chun System. Chief Instructor Izzo is an active member of the Wing Chun community by embracing conversation and exchanging ideas of Wing Chun with some of its most valued practitioners and teachers worldwide.

He is the only Wing Chun Kung Fu instructor in the Chicago area with Law Enforcement experience and the global leading authority on Wing Chun application for Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics. Chief Instructor Izzo is one of the most sought after instructors for hands-on Defensive Tactics for Law Enforcement and Street Self Defense.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps he'd prefer Steven Seagal?

GTFOOH! Redneck!

I should start a thread; Why I don't Like Redneck Cops, That Hide Behind A Badge Coz They're Insecure As Hell

BRUCE-4.gif

Secret Executioner

I took a look at this thread just for the reply of The Dragon. He certainly didn't disappoint. :tongue:

He had two valid points.

1. What we think and knew as kids are different from when we are as adults.

2. Ip Man's video footage 2 weeks before his death doesn't capture what wing chun is about. He misses the point on this. It was more for prosterity. To leave something behind to refer back to.

But he has his own biases. He talks about how styles do different from student to student despite being taught by the same teacher. That is any martial arts. Everyone does it slightly differently. Also, when they decide to teach they might start modifying the forms and techniques. That is where this is so much deviation among the certain style and its various offshoots. Modern day Jujitsu isn't like the jujitsu that started off in the battlefields of Japan to fight armored samurai.

When I was studying a thing or two. Not everyone did the forms the same. Some guys would do everything slowly. And not everyone could do the moves. They'd modify it so they can sort of do it. The guy who was the grandmaster would also add things to forms or change things. And you know what? Even people who were his fellow students that studied under the same grandmaster did the forms differently.

As for why the senior students who taught Bruce Lee were never recognized. You might know a lot of something and train champions doesn't necessarily make you a good fighter or even the best. No one comes to the fights to watch the coaches.

The wing chun guy in the footage couldn't even tell if Bruce Lee was English or German. If he going to talk about the man. He should do his research. It makes it seem like he didn't do his homework.

If he thinks wing chun is getting a bum rap. He should do his best to promote it. Maybe he should step into the ring and show that wing chun isn't to be taken lightly. Who know he could be the guy that makes all the jujitsu diehards switch to wing chun. :tongue:

Drunken Monk

Dominick Izzo is a prick. I've watched a number of his videos and he comes off as the least humble, most self-indulgent person ever.

I guaranteed he made this video just to get views and steer more people towards his page. Granted, I can't comment on his teaching methods but, as a You Tube persona, he's intolerable.

Watched this last month.

The guy actually had some valid points but his reasoning is asinine. Wing Chun is limited, whether he likes it or not, and Bruce Lee was revolutionary in his views on both that style and style itself.

To deny that is senseless.

Bruce was great kung-fu man suffered with bad supporting actors, poor scripts and so-so directors. Someone with less talent would have made big boss and fist of fury to be lacklustre.

Now they are one mans show. And great too!

And of his martial skill...wing chun might be limited but he was faster than lightning....

:angel:

Don't know anything about this guy or his background, but as far as this video, his central point is absolutely correct: Bruce did not have a deep understanding of Wing Chun, because it's impossible to learn a complete Chinese martial art in depth by studying for a couple years as a teenager. This doesn't mean that Bruce wasn't a great fighter, an incredible athlete, a visionary martial artist, etc.---but he was not a Wing Chun master, and I don't think anyone in the traditional Chinese Wing Chun community ever considered him as such.

Anyone who has seen Bruce perform with their own eyes can clearly see he was exceptionally skilled. I have an old wing chun book by Michael Tse and Ip Chun that has a chapter on Bruce Lee and it states that his 'internal training' was lacking.

Personally i think the term internal training is bullshit, because it implies a spiritual dimention. But the effects are scientific. And Bruce was very scientific in his approach. Also he learned many other 'styles' of Martial Arts, not just Wing Chun as this douche bag fails to mention (or doesn't know). I never new Bruce Personally and I don't claim to be an expert in Martial Arts. But I do believe what I see with my own eyes...

uaPvXUebT7c

I took a look at this thread just for the reply of The Dragon. He certainly didn't disappoint. :tongue:

Indeed!.......

Archived