Dragon Blade (2014)

Keung

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
Renny Harlin? Forget it, it's going to suck, sorry.

'Dragon Blade' is being directed by Daniel Lee, it's 'Skiptrace' which is being directed by Renny Harlin.

Character posters:

Jackie Chan

chandragonblade-200x265.jpg

John Cusack as Lucius, Chan's trusted Roman ally

cusackdragonblade-480x635.jpg

Adrien Brody as the villain of the film, Tiberius

brodydragonblade-480x635.jpg

One Armed Boxer

Looks like John Cusack has been taking eye liner tips off Benny Urquidez...:tongue:

Wow just saw a picture of Jackie, John and Bennie on the set of Dragon Blade, made me smile....apparently Benny is on of the stunt co-ordinators on the film, we can only hope for a Bennie vs Jackie for the 3rd time.

I know it won't ever match the heights of Wheels and Dragons, but to see a third face off between Benny and Jackie should be awesome, I hope they make it count! The only way it could be better would be is Sammo was on board...

Well, the film is about to begin post-production as the film wrapped principal photography this week.

According to the poster, the film is being released Spring 2015.

Is it me or has Jackie had a recent "face lift"? Something about his face does look different from just a few years ago. Maybe its makeup or the changing face of age. Not sure. But, otherwise, I do not have high hopes for this film. It looks like another Govt sponsored film epic with token white guy as the baddie. Didn't the last period piece film directed by Ronnie Yu flop? I really hate to see the individuality of past HK films now just mirror Hollywood. This already looks extremely bland and dull.

I want to be excited about this movie and I like John Cusack, but I just can't see it being very good. Daniel Lee hasn't directed anything good in a while and he's even worse with his screenplays (which he did for this one as well).

Not to mention Jackie Chan fighting John Cusack is hardly an epic fight I want to see.

Hopefully I am wrong.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Is it me or has Jackie had a recent "face lift"?

Yes, Jackie got sucked into that Hollywood wax work. It's normal for aging actors to do that. I don't know about you guys but I really am pretty stoked to see this and love John Cusack by the way.

• Administrator

I haven't been following this thread closely, but I just watched that "Making Of" clip. I got a good feeling from it. It doesn't have that same dime a dozen feel to me as the other recent "masses of soldiers fighting epics" did.

Is it me or has Jackie had a recent "face lift"? Something about his face does look different from just a few years ago. Maybe its makeup or the changing face of age. Not sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's had some work done. Another thing that makes him look odd is the jet black hair at his age. I think he'd look so much cooler if he'd do the salt and pepper thing. He'd look more authentic, and I think it would lend him an edge of gravitas.

Not sure. But, otherwise, I do not have high hopes for this film. It looks like another Govt sponsored film epic with token white guy as the baddie. Didn't the last period piece film directed by Ronnie Yu flop? I really hate to see the individuality of past HK films now just mirror Hollywood. This already looks extremely bland and dull.

I hear you man. I feel the same way about a lot of HK cinema in the last decade, but I still have high hopes anyway. Either I'm an eternal optimist, or a glutton for punishment. I'm not sure which. :xd:

I want to be excited about this movie and I like John Cusack, but I just can't see it being very good. Daniel Lee hasn't directed anything good in a while and he's even worse with his screenplays (which he did for this one as well).

But still...

Not to mention Jackie Chan fighting John Cusack is hardly an epic fight I want to see.

Don't forget that John Cusack started training under Benny "The Jet" Urquidez way back when he was in his 20's. So this may be his chance to finally show off some top skills learned from one of Jackie's greatest on-screen opponents. Though it was brief, Cusack fought Urquidez in GROSSE POINT BLANK, and it was brutal and very realistic. Here's hoping that we'll all be pleasantly surprised by this match-up and the film in general.

But still...

Gotta love that expression, no matter what!

Don't forget that John Cusack started training under Benny "The Jet" Urquidez way back when he was in his 20's. So this may be his chance to finally show off some top skills learned from one of Jackie's greatest on-screen opponents. Though it was brief, Cusack fought Urquidez in GROSSE POINT BLANK, and it was brutal and very realistic. Here's hoping that we'll all be pleasantly surprised by this match-up and the film in general.

Yes, Cusack is a 7th-degree in Ukidokan, Benny Urquidez's martial arts system and if I remember right, he did another fight scene in the movie WAR INC. I saw the making of clip too and I think this may be a pretty good film. I'm sure Adrian Brody is going to make a pretty good villain and would be cool to see Chan and Cusack go at it, but aren't they going to eventually join forces? Anyway, I'll see it :)

Here's the clip from WAR INC.

M14HEX6FKoI

The action looks like it might be okay, but most of the acting is utterly laughable. Brody is so over the top, it's ridiculous.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Will this be in a theater near you?

I imagine this will play in the USA.

Also Known As:

Tian Jiang Xiong Shi

Language: Mandarin

Release Date: 19 February 2015

Runtime: 90 min

Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure, Thriller, History,

Dragon-Blade-2015-8.jpg

I would not call February spring mind that, in my world it will be bitterly cold at least until April. LOL!

GD Y-Y

Archived