Guardian (2014) - Indonesian Action Featuring Tio Pakusadewo from 'The Raid 2'

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Twitch have been reporting on the new girls with guns Indonesian action movie 'Guardian' for a few months now, posting a couple of teaser trailers that I thought were so poor it didn't even deem a mention around these parts.

However they've recently posted a brand new full length trailer, at the moment still exclusive to the site, which while still looking quite sub-par, I now have to admit contains enough decent looking action to at least have my interest.

Starring 'The Raid 2' co-star Tio Pakusasdewo in a bad guy role, and directed by Helfi Kardit, the first part of the trailer features cringe worthy English dialogue and pretty lifeless acting. However from 1:15, things suddenly liven up, featuring some nice gun play and 2 particularly impressive stunt falls. I only hope that the final shot is going to be improved for the finished product!

Check it out in the link below -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/03/watch-the-explosive-theatrical-trailer-for-indonesian-actioner-guardian.html

1412621_214047592115723_1871212370_o.jpeg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I'll watch it, some sexy looking woman in this. Mamma mia!!!!

The CGI looks laughable almost sharktopussy or whatever that movie was on sci fi channel. I need to see this now!!!! I have to wait till October???????

Secret Executioner

OKFC: don't forget there's also a guy from your favorite movie ever in this. :tongue:

Kiddin' aside, that sounds like a cool flick. Thailand seemed to become the new big thing for action movies in the 2000s, it looks like Indonesia will rule the 2010s.

One Armed Boxer
Yep, Indonesia is the new Thailand of action cinema.

I hope not, it would be good if Indonesia could show more consistency than Thailand has in the past 10 years. I'd say out of Thailand's total action movie output in the past decade, only 10% of it is really watchable, the rest was pretty awful.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I hope not, it would be good if Indonesia could show more consistency than Thailand has in the past 10 years. I'd say out of Thailand's total action movie output in the past decade, only 10% of it is really watchable, the rest was pretty awful.

You can say that again.

ryan3.gif

ShaOW!linDude
OKFC: don't forget there's also a guy from your favorite movie ever in this. :tongue:

Is Jon Foo in this?

I'd say out of Thailand's total action movie output in the past decade, only 10% of it is really watchable, the rest was pretty awful.

Yet how has Hong Kong/China faired with all out MA Action in that time?

For my money HK is behind the MA curve, even with "star" power.

HK has made some good all round MA movies, not many though, but really the rest of the world is kicking HK's ass for a good decade plus in my opinon OAB.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yet how has Hong Kong/China faired with all out MA Action in that time?

For my money HK is behind the MA curve, even with "star" power.

HK has made some good all round MA movies, not many though, but really the rest of the world is kicking HK's ass for a good decade plus in my opinon OAB.

I'm praying for SPL 2 to put them right back on the map.

Archived