John Woo is coming back!

mark187

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2014-03-05/22334106871.shtml

apparently, Mr. Woo wants to team up again with Tsui Hark to make another Hero film, similar in style to A Better Tomorrow. firs Ringo Lam comes out of retirement and now this! let's hope it actually happens. it actually sounds like 2 films may get made, one directed by Woo and produced by Tsui and the other directed by Tsui and produced by Woo! maybe John Woo recently watched The White Storm, as the article mentioned he was feeling nostalgic.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Woo and Hark have patched things up? I like that sound of that. And of course, Ringo Lam making a comeback this year.

Interview covering his new film The Crossing as well as his next projects Flying Tigers, Day of the Beast, and his future collaborations with Tsui Hark.

http://www.jaynestars.com/movies/exclusive-director-john-woo-discusses-the-making-of-the-crossing/

Awesome. But damn, we're talking a good 3 years from now. A lot can happen between then.

masterofoneinchpunch
In the meantime, those two should locate and release the full 160 min.version of A Better Tomorrow 2.

Do the film elements even exist of the deleted footage (also consider that several deleted the scenes not just Woo and Hark)? Too many times that footage gets thrown away, destroyed by the improper storage or just plain lost.

Cold Bishop

Hell, I'd wager the negatives for quite a few finished Hong Kong films of this era are essentially in tatters (wasn't this WKW's reason for reduxing Ashes of Time?). It's a nice thought, but I would wager against the footage surviving.

HK isn't known for bringing out special editions and extended versions.

Especially for older movies.

The irony of the "Ashes of Time Redux" was that it was even shorter than the original version.

As much I'd love to see it, myself, I don't see it happening either. I wish, though.

So, choosing from the current crop, and assuming that these movies will be similar in style and tone to the old heroic bloodshed flicks, who would you guys want to see lead in Woo's and Hark's films?

I would love to see Woo work with Johnnie To's "The Mission" and "Exiled" crew but I doubt Anthony Wong will be working with John Woo again.

Quite frankly, HK is quite limited in the decent leading men department, it ends up being the same old, same old.

Though I wouldn't be too keen on him working with Daniel Wu and Louis Koo.

Then all that's left is the Johnnie To gang. I don't recall him working with Andy Lau, so there might be something interesting there.

I would love to see Woo work with Johnnie To's "The Mission" and "Exiled" crew but I doubt Anthony Wong will be working with John Woo again.

Quite frankly, HK is quite limited in the decent leading men department, it ends up being the same old, same old.

Though I wouldn't be too keen on him working with Daniel Wu and Louis Koo.

Then all that's left is the Johnnie To gang. I don't recall him working with Andy Lau, so there might be something interesting there.

Yeah, those were my thoughts too. Some of the Milkyway boys. I wouldn't mind seeing him do something with Francis Ng, or Nick Cheung, Lau Ching-Wan or even Lam Suet. Anthony Wong would be awesome, but I'd imagine you hit the nail on the head there.

Cold Bishop

I would love to see Louis Koo or Lau Ching-Wan in a John Woo film. What about Chang Chen?

I just hope that whatever he does, he considers tapping Philip Kwok again to choreograph, especially as the latter has been having something a resurgence recently.

Also, what a better film than these to mount that long awaited Dean Shek comeback?:bigsmile:

I would love to see Louis Koo or Lau Ching-Wan in a John Woo film. What about Chang Chen?

I just hope that whatever he does, he considers tapping Philip Kwok again to choreograph, especially as the latter has been having something a resurgence recently.

Also, what a better film than these to mount that long awaited Dean Shek comeback?:bigsmile:

scooby_doo_2.jpg

Re: Chang Chen - I like it. Wouldn't mind that one bit.

masterofoneinchpunch
...Also, what a better film than these to mount that long awaited Dean Shek comeback?:bigsmile:

In the sequel to John Woo's film Laughing Times (also with Dean Shek seen below):

laughingtime.jpg

I like the Louis Koo idea or Lau Ching-wan though too.

Archived