Shout Factory's The Angela Mao Ying Collection DVD

muppetdanny

Kung Fu Bob, If you do a piece for Mr. Vampire, make sure to include Michael Hui having his fangs filed in the image. too funny.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Kung Fu Bob, If you do a piece for Mr. Vampire, make sure to include Michael Hui having his fangs filed in the image. too funny.

Righto! LOL That is an unforgettable image from the film. :xd:

masterofoneinchpunch
Also, the cover says all of the movies are supposed to be in 2.35:1, but it looks like The Himalayan is in 1.78:1. Is this how the HK version is as well?

VEvePWPCMcw

Answering this a little late, but it is in 1.85:1 (or close to this) and according to previous member Mark (and myself viewing the whole thing a few days ago) it is not cropped and was actually filmed that way. I have not heard a reason why, but I would speculate either camera or stock available on the Nepal shoot and they continued with it (or matched it) with the studio shots. The print has definitely more damage than the other films, but does not appear to suffer from pal-to-ntsc conversion problems of the other film. This helps the fight scenes, especially at the end.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering because the edges of the picture look soft, especially when I did screencaps. I will update my review when I get a chance.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

Based on how much I enjoy Broken Oath each time I rewatch it, I decided to get this set. I haven't seen any of the others, but I am looking forward to it.

And I couldn't resist the cover art by that Bob fella. :tongueout

I too finally ordered this one last night, can't wait to see more Angela Mao, she's awesome. All I've seen from her is Broken Oath and The Damned.

Archived