"Special I.D." and "Journey To The West" To Open This Friday In Limited U.S. Theatres

wackiechan

"Special I.D.":

http://wellgousa.com/theatrical/special-id

Stephen Chow's "Journey To The West":

http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?id=9d7cd02e-1860-4ef5-a872-43ba9ef54967

About "Special I.D.": Quite a few people seem to compare it to "Flashpoint". However, I don't know why "Flashpoint" looks like it had a lot of good reviews. I saw "Flashpoint" in an L.A. area theatre, and I thought the movie was just ok.

If there will be a sequel to "JTTW", then I read that there's a chance of Shephen Chow appearing in it.

If you're going to reply to this topic, please try not to include SPOILERS. I haven't seen "Special I.D." or "JTTW" yet, but I'm planning to see them after they open this Friday.

If you do decide to include a SPOILER, then please use a "SPOILER WARNING". Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wongfeihung62

I watched both of these a few weeks ago. I thought Special I.D. was Ok, but not great. Journey to the West was the much more enjoyable, of the two.

Just caught this screening WHERE I LIVE! It is so weird for me to be able to type those words because movies like this just do not play where I live. Gotta thank Magnolia for putting this out in the theater. I hope it was uncut. But, thank goodness it was subtitled. It was great seeing Chiu Chi Ling again on the big screen. Too bad that he did not have any fight scenes. Overall, it was an decent film. I really liked the beginning and I really liked the ending. Otherwise. And, it was a different take on the story for sure but an interesting one though. I really liked the message. Probably going to pick this up on blu ray. This might be my 2nd or 3rd favorite Stephen Chow film.

ok, if Shu Qi was in love with me....I would not be denying that love

Archived