Angel on Fire (Cynthia Khan) DVD question

mark187

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has seen Tai Seng's DVD for Angel on Fire, and could tell me whether or not it would be worth it to upgrade from the VHS? Specifically in terms of overall picture quality, how much does the DVD improve from the VHS, because some of these older movies (Hard Boiled Winstar VHS and DVD) have practically VHS quality prints on the DVDs

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has seen Tai Seng's DVD for Angel on Fire, and could tell me whether or not it would be worth it to upgrade from the VHS? Specifically in terms of overall picture quality, how much does the DVD improve from the VHS, because some of these older movies (Hard Boiled Winstar VHS and DVD) have practically VHS quality prints on the DVDs

I have never seen the VHS version, but I have the Tai Seng DVD. And it does appear to be a tape transfer with the picture grain and lack of sharpness that you would expect with vhs. However, that said, the picture is superior to many other tai seng releases, especially beauty investigator and killers romance that suffer from really bad saturation issues and flickering. The DVD of Angel on fire is like a good quality VHS picture, maybe the original tape reel was looked after well. I'd say it would be worth upgraded simply because you get the benefits of DVD and the picture is better than many other tai seng releases of 90's movies.

Hope this helps.

If you are familiar with tai seng releases of other movies in this era and genre then you will be pleasently suprised how good this picture compares to most others.

If you're looking for correct aspect ratio and mandarin dub the DVD from Ritek (Taiwan) is the way to go :wink:

thanks for the input, Moose! any chance you could make a couple screencaps from the DVD for reference , say at the scene where Cynthia returns to her hotel after the taxi breakdown, at roughly the 20 minute mark? if not, no worries. thanks again!

thanks for the input, Moose! any chance you could make a couple screencaps from the DVD for reference , say at the scene where Cynthia returns to her hotel after the taxi breakdown, at roughly the 20 minute mark? if not, no worries. thanks again!

As requested mate

Untitled-1_zpsc8818f2c.jpg

Untitled-2_zps1aad42f3.jpg

The picture is 4.3 fullscreen by the way

hey thanks a lot! that definitely looks better than I thought it would, maybe I'll get it on DVD afterall

Archived