The Flash (2014)

AlbertV

flash1f-1-web.jpg

Spun-off from a recent episode of ARROW, CW will be premiering THE FLASH this fall. Grant Gustin, who played Central City detective Barry Allen on the episode of Arrow, will reprise his role as Allen, who will have an accident and become The Flash.

The image above was released today...Gustin as The Flash...and appearing in the pilot will be John Wesley Shipp, who played Barry Allen and the Flash in the 1990 CBS series that ran for one season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teaser trailer, featuring Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Arrow

rnXsnR-2AvU

Secret Executioner

Could it be a setting of the Scarlet Speedster for the JLA movie that should follow Zack Snyder's Superman vs Batman ? :bigsmile:

If so, that would imply this world also have a Green Arrow (unless this Flash is not the one that appeared in Arrow)

This is the same Flash that appeared on Arrow...as a matter of fact, Stephen Amell is making a cameo in the pilot episode of the show.

Secret Executioner
This is the same Flash that appeared on Arrow...as a matter of fact, Stephen Amell is making a cameo in the pilot episode of the show.

If I had read the first post more carefully, I'd have known... Seeing the spin-off thing is clearly mentionned.

d-oh-o.gif

D'oh !!

120384-191103-firestorm.jpg

The Flash is going to meet another DC superhero. Firestorm will make his debut in the 3rd episode....well, Firestorm's alter ego Ronnie Raymond will start out on the show. Playing him??? Robbie Amell, Stephen Amell's cousin and cast member of The Tomorrow People.

Ronnie is a maintenance worker at STAR Labs and he has something to do with the little accident that causes Barry Allen to become the Flash. He is also the fiancee of forensics expert Caitlin Snow, played by Danielle Panabaker.

Cool beans. Firestorm has rarely been featured in media outside of comics. :nerd:

The only thing outside of the comics I remember was the final season of the Superfriends cartoon in 1984. He was featured on the show as they put in the credits "Introducing Firestorm" :) To see the character brought to life in the form of Stephen Amell's cousin will be quite interesting :)

Secret Executioner
The only thing outside of the comics I remember was the final season of the Superfriends cartoon in 1984. He was featured on the show as they put in the credits "Introducing Firestorm" :) To see the character brought to life in the form of Stephen Amell's cousin will be quite interesting :)

He was in two SF incarnations, Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984-1985) - which was the show with the "Introducing Firestorm" credit:

UOi1LrgpuuE

and The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians (1985-1986). He also appeared in a couple of Batman: The Brave And The Bold episodes in 2010-2011.

Watched the pilot last night...pretty good!!! I really liked it :) Grant Gustin definitely makes a good Barry Allen/Flash. The SFX were nicely done, especially in the climax. And a nice cameo from a certain "Queen". :) My Tuesday nights are now looking great this season....Flash at 8, S.H.I.E.L.D. at 9...what a night! :)

The pilot for Flash was really good, I thought. Was psyched to see John Wesley Shipp in there, too---I loved his version of The Flash. I'm generally more of a Marvel fan, but I'm enjoying Gotham, and Flash has my interest. Agents of Shield just isn't doing much for me.

Victor Garber of ALIAS fame will be joining the cast as Dr. Martin Stein, who will merge with Robbie Amell's Ronnie Raymond to become Firestorm!

Secret Executioner
Victor Garber of ALIAS fame will be joining the cast as Dr. Martin Stein, who will merge with Robbie Amell's Ronnie Raymond to become Firestorm!

Damn. Is "another day, another great addition to the DC TV series" some kind of saying now ?!

Tonight's episode has a bit of crossover...Felicity Smoak of Arrow will appear in tonight's episode where we will be introduced to...Captain Cold!!! (played by Prison Break star Wentworth Miller)

Noelle Shadow Kick
Tonight's episode has a bit of crossover...Felicity Smoak of Arrow will appear in tonight's episode where we will be introduced to...Captain Cold!!! (played by Prison Break star Wentworth Miller)

It was really great stuff. I highly recommend The Flash to everyone. Arrow too, actually.

Archived