Ghostbusters Reboot (2016)

AlbertV

Well, in the wake of Harold Ramis' death, the question that may have popped up in some minds were...what is going to happen with Ghostbusters 3, the new film in which the famous heroes would take on some proteges?

Well, much like what had happened with FAST & FURIOUS 7 with Paul Walker's death, the script is now getting minor rewrites. So yes, it looks like GHOSTBUSTERS 3 is going to happen, but it looks like most likely, Dan Aykroyd may be the only original member who would appear in the new film. Bill Murray was quite vocal saying he wouldn't do the film and Ernie Hudson even has doubts about returning as Winston.

Guess we will have to see how this will ultimately turn out. Check out the story at Dark Horizons...and yes, to confirm, Ivan Reitman is slated to return to direct this one.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update on the film:

Ivan Reitman, in the wake of Harold Ramis' death, felt that he can't go on to direct the reboot so he dropped out. Taking Reitman's place will be Paul Feig, who directed the action comedy THE HEAT (which I saw and I thought it was pretty funny).

Now, the big news....it is official. Feig tweeted yesterday that this will feature an all-female Ghostbusters team and that his writer for THE HEAT, Katie Dippold, will be writing the script. Ivan Reitman has supported this decision as he will serve as a producer on the new film.

Despite his reservations after saying flat out he was done with the franchise, Bill Murray gave his opinion on who should play the new team. He chose Melissa McCarthy, Linda Cardellini, Kristen Wiig, and Emma Stone.

Casting has not started yet with the script being done. But, this is an official update on the third installment of the series, which is more an all-female reboot...or could be a sequel should a certain Ray Stantz return to make an appearance, which has been rumored.

masterofoneinchpunch

I am not a fan of Melissa McCarthy so if she ends up being in it there is a good chance I might not see it.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I will be the creepy uncle on the top row of the auditorium with a trench coat on masturbating to this movie. Yes, I've waited a long time for a movie to masturbate to since Basic Instinct. I got some green slimer for you, if you know what I mean, wink/wink!

Yes, if anyone has not heard, producer Paul Feig has confirmed that already signed on are Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy and deals are being made with SNL castmates Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon to round out the core cast. They are also trying to get Bill Murray to come back in a new role, a professional de-bunker of the supernatural who attempts to prove the Ghostbusters are a fraud.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yes, if anyone has not heard, producer Paul Feig has confirmed that already signed on are Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy and deals are being made with SNL castmates Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon to round out the core cast. They are also trying to get Bill Murray to come back in a new role, a professional de-bunker of the supernatural who attempts to prove the Ghostbusters are a fraud.

This is going to be better than I thought it would be. Can you imagine 4 lame ass male actors to reboot another tireless franchise???? When you think about this logically? Women are just better talented in the comedic area at this point. That's kind of sad that Males aren't funny anymore. Who could have imagine that in 30 years ago?

OpiumKungFuCracker
OKFC: do you think they should also reboot the Avengers ? There would be female versions of Thor, Hulk (She-Hulk ?) and... Iron Babe maybe ? :tongue:

Hahahaha, hey the way things are going right now for the male species, I wouldn't be surprised at all!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Well, here is some interesting news that has arisen (no pun intended) yesterday:

While there will be the all-female Ghostbusters reboot, there looks to be an all-male Ghostbusters reboot in the works as well....as a matter of fact, the two films will be connected.

Sony Pictures is forming a new subsidiary entitled GhostCorps, which will start up what will be a "Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe" if you will. We'll call it the "GCU".

The GCU will start with the all-female team, which we know will star Melissa McCarthy, Kristin Wiig, Leslie Jones, and Kate McKinnon.

Now the story of the male-reboot is that Captain America sequel helmers Joe and Anthony Russo (Winter Soldier and Civil War) are interested in directing this film and help produce it; Drew Pearce, who wrote the upcoming Mission: Impossible 5, will write the screenplay; and they may have already found their first Ghostbuster in the form of Channing Tatum, who would also serve as a producer.

The male-lead Ghostbusters would tentatively begin shooting in Summer 2016 with a 2017 release date.

GhostCorps' main guys are to be Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd.

Source: CNN

OpiumKungFuCracker

Time to dust off the old dvd box set from Time Life and start diving into the universe that is The Real GHostubsters animated series!!!! This franchise doesn't want to go away. It's coming back into full effect. WOW fukking wow!!

ghostbustersteam.jpg

The new Ghostbusters: Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Melissa McCarthy, and Kate McKinnon

All of the original cast members except for Harold Ramis (since he has passed away) and Rick Moranis (due to his retirement in 1997) are returning in cameo appearances as new characters. 

Archived