Ringo Lam is apparently out of retirement

mark187

風雲再起 RINGO LAM is BACK!

[蘋果日報 2014年02月25日]

林嶺東唞夠開戲

林嶺東07年與徐克、杜琪峯聯合執導完電影《鐵三角》後,已經有七年沒再執導演筒,林嶺東一直過着退休的悠閒生活,但他的好友杜琪峯和徐克等卻勸他不要浪費自己的導演才華,要求他再復出拍戲,而他的態度是遇到合適的劇本的話,會再開戲。早於兩年前林嶺東已經在籌備劇本,但一直沒合意的,直至去年底才覺得劇本滿意,美亞電影終與他達成合作協議,今年先後開兩齣電影,6月先開拍一部由吳彥祖(Daniel)與余文樂主演的動作片,年底再開警匪動作片,找來古天樂與劉青雲演出。

事隔七年拍動作片

在香港導演中,林嶺東是最擅長拍寫實風格動作片的大導演,相隔七年再執導,他還是選回自己最擅長的題材來拍攝,記者昨日向美亞老闆李國興求證,他表示:「係呀!我哋係會同林嶺東合作,佢會幫我哋開一部動作片。」男主角是否吳彥祖及余文樂?他說:「係!女主角就未揀定,可能等導演返香港後,可以有更確實資料。」

余文樂一直渴望與林嶺東合作拍片,如今終於達成心願,他昨日表示:「我一向喜歡林嶺東拍嘅電影,佢拍戲好有強烈個人風格,絕對係香港經典導演之一,一直希望同佢合作到,今次佢有電影搵我拍,我真係好開心,希望可以盡快開工,可以跟到佢學嘢。」

Daniel的發言人樂小姐日前承認待Daniel放假回港後,如無意外會接演林嶺東新片。自從Daniel老婆Lisa S.去年5月誕下女兒Raven後,他一直都工作家庭兩忙。首次當爸爸的Daniel,曾表示希望有更多時間伴太太和女兒,去年10月完成電影拍攝後,隨即在微博宣佈:「2014年6月前也不拍戲,只專心當個好爸爸。」

採訪:鍾國仁

sound slike he has 2 films in the works, one with Daniel Wu and Shawn Yue and the other with Louis Koo and Lau Ching-wan!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the question is whether Lam's brand of violent pessimism can play in this new Mainland paradigm...

The fact that he's been planning this film (one? both?) for the last two years bodes well, at least.

I guess the question is whether Lam's brand of violent pessimism can play in this new Mainland paradigm...

Well, it worked for Johnnie To after Drug War was released. The Mainland market is slowly beginning to open up for any ideas so I don't see why Lam wouldn't be up for it (unless he doesn't want to).

Genuine Hong Kong productions are currently making a bit of a comeback though with some of the recent action and crime movies of last year. If Lam's movies will be strictly HK-produced then that explains his return.

Well, it worked for Johnnie To after Drug War was released. The Mainland market is slowly beginning to open up for any ideas so I don't see why Lam wouldn't be up for it (unless he doesn't want to).

Genuine Hong Kong productions are currently making a bit of a comeback though with some of the recent action and crime movies of last year. If Lam's movies will be strictly HK-produced then that explains his return.

The thing with To's movie Drug War is that it carries a powerful message that the mainland government agree with, and that goes a long way. Remember the harrowing 'Man behind the sun' was a mainland production with the full backing of the government. Yet movies like the shinjuku incident don't even get released in the mainland due to the governments heavy censorship policies.

I can understand the underlying message the movie conveys but that's not what I meant. The movie shows graphic use of drugs as well as violence and, to an extent, glorifies criminals more than cops. These kind of elements are not favored by the Mainland censorship, which is kind of changing now though (whether for the better or worse remains to be seen).

The post in Chinese have been translated.

Ringo Lam has signed with Mei Ah to make two action films. The first one starts filming in June with Shawn Yue and Daniel Wu and the second one is expected to begin filming at the end of the year and may star Louis Koo and Lau Ching Wan but they are not confirmed yet.

That means he's making genuine Hong Kong films.

One Armed Boxer
the second one is expected to begin filming at the end of the year and may star Louis Koo and Lau Ching Wan but they are not confirmed yet.

After their dire performances in 'The White Storm', hopefully they remain unconfirmed.:tongue:

Joking, I know these guys also starred together in the recent Pang Brothers effort, 'Out of Inferno', however just the trailer alone for that one was enough to put me off.

Maybe Koo & Ching Wan are not the best combination together for box office gold.

After their dire performances in 'The White Storm', hopefully they remain unconfirmed.:tongue:

Joking, I know these guys also starred together in the recent Pang Brothers effort, 'Out of Inferno', however just the trailer alone for that one was enough to put me off.

Maybe Koo & Ching Wan are not the best combination together for box office gold.

I attribute that to Benny Chan. He usually sucks at directing actors.

Actually, Lau and Koo did the successful Overheard franchise and will soon be seen again for a third movie due for release on September 9.

Ringo Lam to direct new action film

Production News

Hong Kong newspaper Apple Daily reported this week that director Ringo LAM 林嶺東 is to return to directing this year with an action film with investment from Mei Ah Entertainment Group Ltd 美亞娛樂資訊集團有限公司.

Details of the film have yet to be announced, but Mei Ah president LI Kuo-hsing 李國興 confirmed the existence of the project to Apple Daily, and that the film stars Daniel WU 吳彥祖 and Shawn YUE 余文樂. The latter and Wu's spokesperson confirmed their participation as well.

"I've always wanted to work with Lam, so I'm very happy that he asked me to be in his film. I hope we can start filming soon so I can learn from him," Yue told the newspaper.

Although both actors appeared in Aubrey LAM 林愛華's Hidden Track 尋找周杰倫 (2003) and Hot Summer Days 全城熱戀 (2010), directed by Tony CHAN 陳國輝 and Wing SHYA 夏永康, they did not share scenes.

Set to begin production in June, the Mei Ah project is Ringo Lam's first feature in more than a decade. Seven years ago, he co-directed a section of portmanteau film Triangle 鐵三角 (2007) with TSUI Hark 徐克 and Johnnie TO 杜琪峰.

The veteran action director is reportedly also planning a second project for this year, but the script is still being prepared.

Source: http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/ringo-lam-to-direct-new-action-film

Archived