Kung fu movies are back on normal TV.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

There is a new station in the normal TV system, (not cable or satellite),

It is called BOUNCE TV.

I was surfing and to my total shock and surprise there was a kung fu movie playing around 8pm last night.

I can not remember the last time I saw kung fu on normal TV.

Having seen the flix, which is a good one, at least 3 times my interest waned as I got tired.

But still lets hope this is the beginning of a new trend.

I look through Bounce TV's schedule for next week no KFM in sight.

Here is what was playing.

boxers_adventure5.jpg

boxers_adventure3.jpg

boxers_adventure4.jpg

Boxer's Adventure

AKA : The Boxer Adventure

Year : 1979 Reviewer : Phil Mills

The most memorable and talked about kung fu movies from the 70s are littered with exciting fight scenes and enigmatic leading performances. Having heard little or nothing about 'Boxer's Adventure', I assumed that it would be just another cheap chop socky clone. Thankfully, I was soon to be proven wrong...

When the evil Yun Shi Kai threatens to take control of the local province, the royal minister realises that he must build an army to defeat him. He travels to Tiger village where he enlists the help of three of their finest fighters to aid him in his quest. They are teamed with Captain Lee (Tan Tao Liang) and sent out in advance to prepare the villages for the minister's arrival. Along the way they encounter ambushes, romantic interludes and devious plots that all threaten to stop them from completing their duties.

My main reason for picking up 'Boxer's Adventure' was the presence of Tan Tao Liang, a martial artist and actor who left a great impression on me after appearances in films such as 'The Hot, The Cool And The Vicious' and 'Flash Legs'. Aside from being quite a strong leading man, Liang's kicking skills are absolutely astounding and he is somehow able to use his legs like most people would use their fists. Thankfully, 'Boxer's Adventure' takes great advantage of his abilities and Liang puts in a fine performance that allows him to churn out numerous examples of his gravity defying bootwork. He is also ably accompanied by a few of the lesser known kung fu stars (including a young Blacky Ko) who, despite lacking real screen presence here, do possess natural abilities in the martial arts.

Unfortunately, 'Boxer's Adventure' doesn't fair quite so well when it comes to story and suffers from the typical low budget restrictions that plagued a lot of productions from this era. This is not to say that it is bad per se, but it does drag a little at times and the plot is really one that has been played out a million times in other kung fu movies. To make matters worse, the choppy editing often causes scenes to clumsily jump into one another, occasionally making it difficult to follow the story and decipher the reasoning behind our heroes' actions. That said though, it's certainly far from the worst and easily provides enough backing to link together the fight scenes.

Overall, 'Boxer's Adventure' is another entertaining kung fu film from the 70s that delivers some outstanding action scenes. If you are a fan of the genre then this is an ideal choice to fill the gaps in your collection.

GD Y-Y :bigsmile:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

That's some nice news.

The film they showed doesn't seem like anything new indeed, but it could be nice - especially since even the lead actor's name doesn't ring a bell.

Morgoth Bauglir

Easily one of the funniest kung fu movies with one of the best dubs. Great movie. I've never heard of Bounce but I'm a fan.

I have that movie in my collection somewhere. Need to see if I get that channel. Also there is a channel called Black Belt TV playing Classic Kung Fu all the time.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I will keep my eye for another KFM on Bounce and report back.

I ain't no Nancy Boy LOL!

hqdefault.jpg

GD Y-Y :tongue:

Morgoth Bauglir

I'm surprised this Nancy Boy of a movie isn't more popular. The dubbing is legendary.

"You're dead? You died easy!"

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Bounce TV Friday March 7, 2014

Jet Li's Fearless

9:00 PM

TV-14 V

The story of Chinese Martial Arts Master Huo Yuanjia, the most famous fighter in all of China at the turn of the 20th Century and the founder and spiritual guru of the Jin Wu Sports Federation.

Cast: Jet Li, Betty Sun, Dong Yong

jet-lis-fearless.jpg

March 3, 2014

The Last Dragon

3:00 PM

TV-14 D, V

A likable young hero aspires to become a kung fu master. Trouble arises in the form of a huge man who is determined to prove himself the kung fu master of the neighborhood.

Cast: Taimak , Julius Carrey, Vanity

last-dragon-dragon-330x200.jpg

Have no idea about this movie.

GD Y-Y

Archived