Ben McDonald in Chinese Boxer

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

I was doing an online search and stumbled upon a BEN McDONALD starring in Chinese Boxer, opposite Jimmy Wang Yu. I don't recall his name anywhere in the credits and can't picture any non-Asians in the film (presuming that Ben McDonald is non-Asian). Has anyone heard of him and know what role he had in Chinese Boxer?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was doing an online search and stumbled upon a BEN McDONALD starring in Chinese Boxer, opposite Jimmy Wang Yu. I don't recall his name anywhere in the credits and can't picture any non-Asians in the film (presuming that Ben McDonald is non-Asian). Has anyone heard of him and know what role he had in Chinese Boxer?

I don't know, I looked here & didn't see that name.

Maybe it is a different movie (non Shaw) with the same name?

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=583&showmovfullcast=1

Shaolin Patriot
I don't know, I looked here & didn't see that name.

Maybe it is a different movie (non Shaw) with the same name?

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=583&showmovfullcast=1

Thanks for the reply, Eastern Evil. It's an odd one; I noticed it when doing a Wikipedia search on Chen Kuan Tai!!

Wikipedia mentions, "His [CKT] first appearance in a Shaw work was in the 1969 film The Chinese Boxer, alongside Jimmy Wang Yu and Ben McDonald."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Kuan-tai

It might just be an incorrect reference (even for Wikipedia). I don't remember CKT in Chinese Boxer either & the film was actually produced in 1970.

Thanks for the reply, Eastern Evil. It's an odd one; I noticed it when doing a Wikipedia search on Chen Kuan Tai!!

Wikipedia mentions, "His [CKT] first appearance in a Shaw work was in the 1969 film The Chinese Boxer, alongside Jimmy Wang Yu and Ben McDonald."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Kuan-tai

It might just be an incorrect reference (even for Wikipedia). I don't remember CKT in Chinese Boxer either & the film was actually produced in 1970.

I think both Chen Kuan Tai and Jason Paio Pio were both Riff Raff gang followers in Chinese Boxer.

Or maybe it was King Boxer. Or maybe I'm just flat wrong, but I do seem to remember seeing their faces in one of these movies.

Killer Meteor
I think both Chen Kuan Tai and Jason Paio Pio were both Riff Raff gang followers in Chinese Boxer.

Or maybe it was King Boxer. Or maybe I'm just flat wrong, but I do seem to remember seeing their faces in one of these movies.

Chen Kuan Tai is definetly in The Chinese Boxer.

This BenMcDonald thing sounds like a Wiki prank.

This BenMcDonald thing sounds like a Wiki prank.

There is a Ben McDonald who grew up in Hong Kong and is an actor, but I think he'd be too young to be in this movie.

Also, there are a few Ben's on Hong Kong Cinemagic, but the last names don't fit.

Sabotage is my 1st or 2nd favorite Sabbath L.P., depending on the day.

'Am I going Insane (Radio)' is a great song, I don't care what anyone says about it.

That was a great time for Black Sabbath, one of my favorite bands, if not THE favorite!

Secret Executioner
Sabotage is my 1st or 2nd favorite Sabbath L.P., depending on the day.

'Am I going Insane (Radio)' is a great song, I don't care what anyone says about it.

That was a great time for Black Sabbath, one of my favorite bands, if not THE favorite!

You sir have some fine music taste. (may I inquire as to what your other favorite Sabbath album is ?)

You sir have some fine music taste. (may I inquire as to what your other favorite Sabbath album is ?)

Well, thank you :)

Like I said, it goes back & forth, but it would have to be Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabbotage.

After that - Volume 4,Paranoid, 1st l.P., master of Reality (You could swith this & 1st L.P.)

After that...Mob Rules...Heaven & Hell...Dehumanizer....Born Again....13 (I guess...still don't really have an opinion yet, although it has some good stuff.

oh - Live Evil....as far as the rest - "okay, whatever" :biggrin:

Good to see another Sabbath fan - and a good movie genre lover to boot!

:Cheers!:

Secret Executioner

I thought pretty much nobody would get that one, but it's nice to see another Sabbath fan indeed. :bigsmile:

Personally, I rank the Black Sabbath albums:

Born Again

Master Of Reality

Paranoid

The Mob Rules

Sabotage

Black Sabbath

Heaven And Hell

Never Say Die

Seventh Star

Technical Ecstasy

The Eternal Idol

Vol. 4

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Dehumanizer

Headless Cross and the other 3 or 4 studio albums from the 1990s are IMO very forgettable. And I don't have 13 so can't really tell. On a sidenote, I wanna add that it feels strange that everyone seems to love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Dehumanizer when I can't seem to get into these albums (the artwork for SBS is one of my fav' Sabbath album covers though) - sorry for the off-topic BTW.

Shaolin Patriot

Wow, do you recall what scene(s) he was in? I'm anxious to go back and check out the film.

Archived