El Rey Network

iron flag

On 6/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, Chemical Lemon said:

Random thing I wanted to mention.  I watched "The Thundering Sword" on El Rey last night.  Think this is the first time it's played.  Brand new HD scan with the newer Celestial logo.  BUT..... this has one of the worst remixed soundtracks I've heard in a long while.  There was a period during the IVL dvds when someone thought it was a really good idea to layer horrible horrible new out of tune music on top of the existing soundtrack.  I forget which movies these were, but apparently The Thundering Sword was one of them.  I've always wondered if this was somehow an attempt to get around some sort of copyrighted music, but I suspect it was just really bad judgement.  As they've recently upgraded the SD scan, I assume they intend to put these out on streaming services and possibly blu ray.  I just hope when they do they go back and get the mono soundtrack for this one because this one really really kills this movie.

Glad they finally played something outside the SAME 20ish movies on very regular rotation....sucks this version is a mess :\

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bobostilllives

hi   ----it's been awhile. recently i have noticed that THE DEADLY KNIVES with english dub has been making the rotation again on el rey network. so--it renewed my interest to try and find a copy somewhere. anyway, the search began. finally after about an hour of failure i actually found and downloaded a copy. it's an english dub copied from the el rey broadcast with the regular voice crew of that time. the video and audio are what i call vhs quality. in other words--not bad . the problem is that the running time is 1 hr and 9 min---my ivl copy runs at 1 hr 22 min---so it's missing footage. QUESTIONS : does el rey cut their movies----do they have commercials during the broadcast ? thanks for any info.   by the way --the site i downloaded it from was called rapidgator.net  .it's better than not having it at all.   thanks

Archived