El Rey Network

iron flag

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

OMFG, guys, one of the greatest Shaw Bros movie ever made is scheduled to be on El Rey, hopefully in English dubb which for me is the first time ever seeing it, DO NOT FUCKING MISS THIS!!!

10690347_1577796715774044_371385879344246454_n.jpg?oh=125fbc78c9dbf7bfe0f072ab8640b15f&oe=54D8CC7B&__gda__=1427030218_4af322bec3f5e93409d0bc7cb8744f94

Skeleton Claw
just thought i would mention that what from i have been told is that THE PROUD YOUTH will be shown and that it has the english dub.

If that's the case then I wonder why they pulled it from the schedule at the last minute.

ShaOW!linDude
OMFG, guys, one of the greatest Shaw Bros movie ever made is scheduled to be on El Rey, hopefully in English dubb which for me is the first time ever seeing it, DO NOT FUCKING MISS THIS!!!

Wish I'd known this so I could set the dvr. Never seen it but heard good things regarding it. Will check the listings. Maybe they'll run a 2nd viewing later in the night.

Shit we just lost the channel, ive been trying to see that flick for a long time (Killer Constable)...can someone record me a dv-r copy, ill pay for it, lol.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Wish I'd known this so I could set the dvr. Never seen it but heard good things regarding it. Will check the listings. Maybe they'll run a 2nd viewing later in the night.

You still got time, it's this saturday, be sure to set your dvr!!!

Skeleton Claw

Just a heads up: It seems as though the airing of "Death Duel" On December 4th has been replaced by "Challenge of the Masters". Was half-expecting it to happen, but still... (sigh)

Shit we just lost the channel, ive been trying to see that flick for a long time (Killer Constable)...can someone record me a dv-r copy, ill pay for it, lol.

Thuglife (Akuma) custom dubbed KILLER CONSTABLE years ago. I have it and it's also on ADC.

Man Death Duel was just recently released (R1)with no dub! Why the heck couldn't they put a dub I that release if a year later El Rey is bringing it dubbed?!

Skeleton Claw

Well, it makes me hopeful that they're scheduling it only a week after they pulled it from it's earlier slot on the 4th. That said, if this is in fact dubbed, then it opens up a whole can of worms as to what is really out there since this was never listed as having been dubbed.

Death Duel would even beat My Rebellious Son, & that was one I really wanted!

I can't stress how awesome it would be to get this dub!

Morgoth Bauglir

How do I get in on this thing? Being able to get Shaws dubbed? I've had a lot of fun reading this thread. Good to know that there's lots of fans of these dubs.

I think most sattelite/digital cable services carry it on their higher end packages. We had it but downgraded(financial purposes)... That was the only time I regularly watched TV. I recorded a good 10-15 movies or so., and got to see things I wouldn't have otherwise. Some awesome(Savage 5, Duel for Gold), some meh(Clan of Amazons)

Anyway, we need to upgrade and get it back...even if I wasn't going to watch it often(which I did)we need to support things like this!

if DEATH DUEL does have the english dub it should be with the better voice crew. the 1977 crew also did EXECUTIONERS FROM SHAOLIN and CHINATOWN KID to name a few. i would like to add that about 10 years ago i had a pic of some shaw brothers vhs sets from africa that included DEATH DUEL--FLYING DAGGER-- INVINCIBLE FIST-- JUDGEMENT OF AN ASSASSIN-- KING EAGLE--HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL-- TRILOGY OF SWORDSMANSHIP-- JADE TIGER and WANDERING SWORDSMAN . the add stated that they were all available with english dub-- this is another reason why i believe there's at least a chance that these might show up some day. FLYING DAGGER and HAVE SWORD WILL TRAVEL have both shown up. insider info has it that most or all of these may be on el rey eventually. let's hope. i'm expecting some really rare titles to still show up.

on dec 15th and 16th they have THE INVINCIBLE FIST listed for broadcast. if this has the english dub and i believe it will , then this is another must have.

hello --- thought i would mention that on dec 18th el rey has TEMPLE OF THE RED LOTUS listed. this is a lo lieh -- jimmy wang yu movie from 1965 and i have to admit that i don't know if this will have an english dub. it was not on the list i had from celestial so it's a mystery, just have to wait and see.

ShaOW!linDude

Well, I did manage to dvr Killer Constable a week or so ago and watched it last night.

Can't say I was all that impressed with it myself. Lots of swordplay, which wasn't all that special, but hardly any shapes work. There's some lots of bloodshed (don't know that you'd call it epic but I guess you could), and some surprising amputations. The end fight was the best in the film which has plenty but many are very short. The story was meh, so I wound up ff'ing to the fight scenes.

I will say this. It had a wuxia feel to it without all the stupid wirework and flying around. The sets, props, and costumes are great. This may be more up someone else's alley, but I'm glad I got to see it without dropping any coin on it.

Well, it is a wuxia pian... If you went in expecting shapes, that was your mistake. And the story's the best part of the film, so fast-forwarding won't do you any favors.

Archived