El Rey Network

iron flag

Not for nothing. Shaolin vs. Lama is playing now 12 midnight on Bounce TV. Remastered English dubbing in it's HD Glory. Getting that feeling that Kung Fu weekends are returning. :bigsmile:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Myx TV shows random 80's and 90's low budget action, though the latest is Mission Kill and Tai Chi Master with Jet Li. Also, they've shown kung fu movies all along dubbed in spanish on mexican tv channels. And not Jet Li or Jackie Chan, but all kinds of stuff, gangsters, etc.

hi -- so , can any one confirm that the broadcast of CLAN OF AMAZONS and THE FLYING DAGGER had the english dub and if so did any one successfully record them ? also , on the 14th they are to broadcast THE DEADLY KNIVES , this is another lost dub that needs to be recorded. i wish i could get this channel. thanks:angel:

Skeleton Claw

I managed to record the audio for Clan of Amazons. Will try for Deadly Knives today and Kid From Kwangtung later this week.

VALLEY OF THE FANGS english dub is already available from when that previous kung fu channel was still on. it's available from most traders and pan media. in case you missed the THE FLYING DAGGER it's repeated on the 20th and 21st.:tongue:

NoKUNGFUforYU

Deadly Duo tonight- Pretty funny description on tv- "Features an all male cast"- that's Chang Cheh for you, lol!

OpiumKungFuCracker
Deadly Duo tonight- Pretty funny description on tv- "Features an all male cast"- that's Chang Cheh for you, lol!

ricky-gervais-hysterical-laughter.gif

GK5KLW2y1b8

MKA8KTwMrDk

yhOKj-CrG0g

TqlXiEJAiA0

XAGY0jYywdY

They really make these look cool. If I hadn't already seen them, I certainly would want to. Got me all fired up like those BBT intros used to.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Yes, I love El Rey! I have almost every one of the Shaw movies- about 225, but when I see the commercials, it makes me want to watch as well. There's something cool about flicking on the TV and seeing Man of Iron on. It's long time coming, especially to see them in this quality of print (not pan and scan, etc) on TV. Funny thing is though, I'm not a fan of dubs AT ALL. Much rather watch with subs. Those same voices, over and over, and "but still", get really tiresome. My wife is Chinese and she hates dubbing as well. I realize that they were dubbed in Mandarin, but still....................

just thought i would mention that the full english dub version of DUEL FOR GOLD will be broadcast on NOV 11th . all the previous versions i've seen are broken dub with sub titles intermixed. some one should copy this as to get the full dub . thanks

:xd:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Was watching Delightful Forest on El Rey the other day and that format was letterbx to a point where I couldn't see a damn thing.

Hmmm, the custom I made 3 1/2 years ago is complete.

just thought i would mention that the full english dub version of DUEL FOR GOLD will be broadcast on NOV 11th . all the previous versions i've seen are broken dub with sub titles intermixed. some one should copy this as to get the full dub . thanks

:xd:

was not aware of that. i have the flashlegs and pan media version where it's missing some of the dub and it switches to sub titles.

hi --- thought i would mention that on NOV 15th the english dubs of MY REBELLIOUS SON and THE PIRATE will be showing on EL REY. yes, i know that THE PIRATE english dub is already available but i thought i would mention it because the version available is missing some dubbed sequences and maybe this one would have it---it's worth checking out just in case . also i noticed that no one has ever actually confirmed that they recorded the dubbed versions of THE FLYING DAGGER or THE DEADLY KNIVES . confirmation--anyone--please . thanks

did anyone manage to record MY REBELLIOUS SON ? as i have never seen this movie-- how was it ? i imagine that since this movie is from 1982 that it had the second voice crew . how was the dub job ? thanks

Skeleton Claw
did anyone manage to record MY REBELLIOUS SON ? as i have never seen this movie-- how was it ? i imagine that since this movie is from 1982 that it had the second voice crew . how was the dub job ? thanks

It was recorded (via a friend, as he did with previous titles) but it will be a couple days before I get my hands on it.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Caught some of it last night. I like subs and this just confirmed it. Still, I am so happy that El Rey is doing this! this will help preserve these movies for future generations of fu fans!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

OLD SKOOL KUNG FU MOVIE FANDOM PAGE

Jimmy Strickland

Just now

Tune in to the El Rey Network for their 48-hour “Way of the Turkey” Thanksgiving Kung Fu Marathon, starting Thursday, November 27, 2014, at 6:00 a.m. (ET).

The marathon is slated to end on Saturday, November 29, 2014, at roughly 6:00 a.m. (ET)

The films will air in the following order:

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27

Challenge of the Masters — 6:00 a.m. (ET)

The Deadly Breaking Sword — 8:00 a.m. (ET)

Enter the Dragon — 10:12 a.m. (ET) (7:12a.m. Pacific Time — the time Bruce Lee was born on this day in 1940 in San Francisco, the year and hour of the dragon)

All Men Are Brothers — 12:30 p.m. (ET)

The Kung-Fu Instructor — 2:45 p.m. (ET)

Ten Tigers of Kwangtung — 5:00 p.m. (ET)

ENCORE: The Deadly Breaking Sword — 7:00 p.m. (ET)

ENCORE: All Men Are Brothers — 9:15 p.m. (ET)

ENCORE: The Kung-Fu Instructor — 11:30 p.m. (ET)

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 28

Kid from Kwangtung — 1:45 a.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Challenge of the Masters — 4:00 a.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Ten Tigers of Kwangtung — 6:00 a.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Kid from Kwangtung — 8:15 a.m. (ET)

Mad Monkey Kung Fu — 10:30 a.m. (ET)

Legendary Weapons of China — 1:00 p.m. (ET)

Golden Swallow — 3:15 p.m. (ET)

Blood Brothers — 5:30 p.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Mad Monkey Kung Fu — 8:30 p.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Legendary Weapons of China — 10:45 p.m. (ET)

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 29

ENCORE: Golden Swallow at 1:00 a.m. (ET)

ENCORE: Blood Brothers at 3:15 a.m. (ET)

GD Y-Y

Skeleton Claw

Just saw that Death Duel is scheduled to air twice on December 4th.

It was never listed as having a dub so I'm a bit skeptical. Wondering if it's a programming mistake on their part similar to what happened with Proud Youth which got yanked right before airtime. We shall see...

I'm hoping for an english dub for DEATH DUEL as it was often rumored to have one. most of the other 1977 shaw releases were dubbed and a number of others have also been rumored to have dubs such as CLANS OF INTRIGUE, JADE TIGER, SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN and JUDGEMENT OF AN ASSASSIN. i for one believe that all of these may show up on el rey and/or possibly itunes. from some insider info i have i would say it's a good bet that most of these will show up with dubs. just have to wait and see what happens.

Archived