The BIg Boss Eighties Cantonese 10th Anniversary Re-Release

sdog2006

Hi Guys

First off I'm using my memory on that thread title, so apologies if that info is wrong.

It's the one with the dubbed Lee SFX and Pink Floyd in the soundtrack.

Anyway, I never usually go near it as I prefer the widely used (and superior) English dub. For a change I decided to give it a go today, from the Kam and Ronson Blu Ray, and NEVER again.

The soundtrack is crap and at times inappropriate, the Lee screams are exagerated and often riidiculous and the impact FX are shit as well.

Why did GH screw this up so badly? It's a total nightmare.

At least the copy is sharp.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Hi Guys

First off I'm using my memory on that thread title, so apologies if that info is wrong.

It's the one with the dubbed Lee SFX and Pink Floyd in the soundtrack.

Anyway, I never usually go near it as I prefer the widely used (and superior) English dub. For a change I decided to give it a go today, from the Kam and Ronson Blu Ray, and NEVER again.

The soundtrack is crap and at times inappropriate, the Lee screams are exagerated and often riidiculous and the impact FX are shit as well.

Why did GH screw this up so badly? It's a total nightmare.

At least the copy is sharp.

The music varies. I like the sort of "triumph music" during the ice factory night fight, and the lovey dovey stuff at the end, but that chimey music that plays whenever Bruce touches his jade is really annoying.

And the rather unimpressive opening music is old enough to be heard in the 1958 film How To Make A Monster.

The music varies. I like the sort of "triumph music" during the ice factory night fight, and the lovey dovey stuff at the end, but that chimey music that plays whenever Bruce touches his jade is really annoying.

And the rather unimpressive opening music is old enough to be heard in the 1958 film How To Make A Monster.

You can't beat the Peter Thomas soundtrack...even the original mandarin one doesn't compare....

Archived