John McTiernan directing Red Squad!

SamSeed

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome news. Although, I'd love him to direct Die Hard 6. It would be perfect. Bring the series full circle. And he can forget the rest and make it a direct sequel to "Vengeance" (just like he did when he dismissed "Die Hard 2")

Hopefully the guy didn't lose his juice.

OpiumKungFuCracker

You guys do realize this isn't the McTiernan who did the Die Hard films right? But the McTiernan who did nothing but mediocre shit fest before he went into Prison. I can't just get an orgasm without seeing some production stills and notes first. MCTiernan, LMFAO!

You guys do realize this isn't the McTiernan who did the Die Hard films right? But the McTiernan who did nothing but mediocre shit fest before he went into Prison. I can't just get an orgasm without seeing some production stills and notes first. MCTiernan, LMFAO!

Yeah, that's true. I didn't care for anything he did past Die Hard with A Vengeance (actually, haven't seen any of it, except for Thomas Crown Affair and 13th Warrior… both, so so)…

I still have faith that someone can jump back to their peak (i.e. Martin Scorsese with Wolf of Walstreet)… am I comparing McTiernan with Scorsese? I sure am. I doubt Red Squad will be the comeback movie, but like I said, I'm hoping he can go back to Die Hard films. He knows how to portray John McClane more than Bruce Willis does.

Die Hard is not only one of the best action movies ever made, it's one of the best movies made, period. And Predator is up there, too. Both timeless. Two movies that can't be duplicated or replicated.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yeah, that's true. I didn't care for anything he did past Die Hard with A Vengeance (actually, haven't seen any of it, except for Thomas Crown Affair and 13th Warrior… both, so so)…

I still have faith that someone can jump back to their peak (i.e. Martin Scorsese with Wolf of Walstreet)… am I comparing McTiernan with Scorsese? I sure am. I doubt Red Squad will be the comeback movie, but like I said, I'm hoping he can go back to Die Hard films. He knows how to portray John McClane more than Bruce Willis does.

Die Hard is not only one of the best action movies ever made, it's one of the best movies made, period. And Predator is up there, too. Both timeless. Two movies that can't be duplicated or replicated.

Well said. You win again!

Archived