Heaven sword and dragon sabre 2009

the sentimental swordsman

Hie,

does anyone know where I can buy the dvd boxset Tai seng "heaven sword and dragon saber 2009" with English subtitles?

Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thanked you but I had already seen this ad, this is not the tai seng boxset and amazon is wrong because there are no English subtitles on the DVD box.

This one on minthan is from the 80's and is with Tony Leung Chiu Wai, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it's the one Sentimental swordsman is after...

you're right shawAngela, I research the 2009 version and not the 1986, thank you anyway for OpiumKungFuCracker.

I wonder if you'll find it...I saw a lot of sites where you can download it with English subtitles, but it seems difficult to find it to purchase on sites...

thanks shawangela , but i don't download , i want the dvd boxset for my collection.

Tai Seng TV series seem to go out of print quick. I did a google for the set and found this listing on Five Star Laser:

http://www.fivestarlaser.com/movies/20661.html?mv_arg=heaven%20sword%20and%20dragon%20sabre%20(english%20subtitled)

I haven't bought from them for a long time, but it might be worth a try. The price is right! I too have lusted for this series, so I might give them a call today to see if in fact they have it in stock or can get hold of a copy. I'll race you :)

YesAsia lists it as out of print. So young, yet another rare is born....

OpiumKungFuCracker
Tai Seng TV series seem to go out of print quick. I did a google for the set and found this listing on Five Star Laser:

http://www.fivestarlaser.com/movies/20661.html?mv_arg=heaven%20sword%20and%20dragon%20sabre%20(english%20subtitled)

I haven't bought from them for a long time, but it might be worth a try. The price is right! I too have lusted for this series, so I might give them a call today to see if in fact they have it in stock or can get hold of a copy. I'll race you :)

YesAsia lists it as out of print. So young, yet another rare is born....

Yeah, I think others on here have said to avoid Five Star Laser but me personally I've never ordered from them so at this point, take the chance!

thank you but I do not buy anything at fivestarlaser, I placed an order earlier this year, no response from them after several message from me, I am waiting for refund after a past dispute with paypal.

One has the impression that the site is dead, abandoned.

thank you hkpyanfar , it's a shame for fivestarlaser, they lose a lot of customers by not responding to messages and not keeping update their stock on internet.

5 StarLaser was ok way back when. I used to order a lot IVL VCDs from them when we were getting a flood of Shaw Bros releases. They could be slow, but I never had problems that required refund.

For TV series I usually go to YesAsia or Amazon. I did find some OOP series (Chinese Paladin) on Amazon from the new-used/reseller links. For HSDS, I'd suggest checking the link regularly to see if a copy pops up.

It seems like most Tai Seng TV series have a short in-print life. When you see it, you need to get it. Waiting for the price to come down can be deadly.

At least they are available. There was a time when it was impossible to find English subbed tv series for sale. The good old days weren't always so good...:bigsmile:

Thanks for the link, but :cry:

Actually that's a 2006 series, maybe part of a re-making of the series that includes the 2009 HSDS. See the chronology on Wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Condor_Heroes_(2006_TV_series)

But it gives me some hope. If they reissued ROTCH, then maybe they'll do HSDS too.

@Sorry, the sentimental swordsman, I can't tell you exactly where my friend bought this series, maybe on yesasia several years ago.

But if you ask me choosing between Heaven sword and dragon sabre 2009 and The Return of the Condor Heroes 2006, I would definitely purchase the latter one although Liu Yifei is in it. :wink: Both main male characters are convincing with other words - that's Yang Guo and that's certainly Wuji! He isn't handsome but good natured, helpful, naive and simple minded.

Problem is that there are several unimportant scenes with should have been shortened and you sit and wait with your remote controll in your hand asking yourself when the show finally goes on. The other problem is this bad computer animation - so artificial! :cry: Concerning the story in general - the producers should have concentrated themselves more on the two weapons. But the war between the clans on the other hand was very well done.

Another disadvantage over ROCH 2006 is that the relationships between the caracters and the caracters themself weren't sufficiently developed. So the whole series is a little bit superficial.

I would definitly pity Yang Guo and his evil fate more than Wuji!

I finally managed to find the tai seng box "heaven sword and dragon saber 2009," on amazon, 100 euros with postage, expensive but unfortunately almost impossible to find so very expensive.

Archived