Dreadnaught (1981)

Omni Dragon

On 6/12/2021 at 6:44 PM, Cognoscente said:

1981 was the tenth anniversary of Bruce joining Golden Harvest, so maybe it was intended as a respectful in-joke.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:16 PM, Omni Dragon said:

There's Enter the Dragon flags in The Young Master as well:

vlcsnap-2021-06-12-20h12m10s128.png.0b3f1c67279104f0c46f135398e747aa.png

It looks like there might be yellow Enter the Dragon flags and or banners in The Champions (1983) as well:

vlcsnap-2022-11-03-03h24m50s166.png.7d998e6e13a1c135aae4645bda356289.png

• Like 5

ironfistedmonk

Picked up the Eureka release of Dreadnaught, it's a good film but is just lacking a little something compared with YWP's earlier films, the main villain is more of a brawler and the main hero doesn't really know kung fu but can fold clothes really well, so the action takes on a bit of a basher style at times and I felt a little bit underwhelmed with it.  

There were some cool ideas like Biao's clothes twisting style and Fung Hark On's tailor but I thought they could have done a lot more with it, and I was disappointed Lily Li and Philip Ko weren't given more to do, thought they were a bit wasted.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Picked up the Eureka release of Dreadnaught, it's a good film but is just lacking a little something compared with YWP's earlier films, the main villain is more of a brawler and the main hero doesn't really know kung fu but can fold clothes really well, so the action takes on a bit of a basher style at times and I felt a little bit underwhelmed with it.  

There were some cool ideas like Biao's clothes twisting style and Fung Hark On's tailor but I thought they could have done a lot more with it, and I was disappointed Lily Li and Philip Ko weren't given more to do, thought they were a bit wasted.

I was disappointed it 20 odd years ago when I saw Warrior's Two. But having bought it on blu, and not seeing it since the HKL release, I do like it more. 

• Like 2